Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who asked about anonymous calls to the planning officer?

Well they do act on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/7715908.stm

It just take 12 months.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Well they do act on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/7715908.stm

It just take 12 months.

To be fair, that was 12 months to final enforcement, not first
action.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Well they do act on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/7715908.stm

It just take 12 months.

Adam

Ah is that the trick? So if I call the council and tell them that the
water company are ignoring all the working hours restrictions on the 4ft
pipeline going in near my house *and don't give my name* they'll do
something?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:

Ah is that the trick? So if I call the council and tell them that the
water company are ignoring all the working hours restrictions on the 4ft
pipeline going in near my house *and don't give my name* they'll do
something?

Maybe, but they're *more* likely to do something if you do, and they can
contact you to get further information. Not planning, but we often get
reports of dangerous buildings or unauthorised works like, "I think it's
at the back of So-And-So Road; if you go down the entry next to the
chippy on Thingumee Road, it's about five or six houses down" by people
who have difficulty telling left from right, and certainly can't tell
north from south.

Plus, if you don't leave your name, given that it can take months to
take enforcement action, how will you know if they have recorded your
concerns and not just thrown it in the bin?
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 18:21:59 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Well they do act on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/7715908.stm

It just take 12 months.

Adam

What do they do to people who put their own dropped kerbs in?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

Well they do act on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/7715908.stm

It just take 12 months.

Adam

"Unfortunately for him, this would not have been the case, as the High Court
has recently ruled that the four-year period for planning exemption only
starts when any shielding construction has been removed."

That sounds like it came from the "Fidler's Castle" case in Surrey (only he
used hay bales and managed to last 4 years, hence the series of court
cases). Think that one's going up to the Lord's. Personally I support him
(Fidler) as he has actually produced a very interesting looking building.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hay-bales.html

(Sorry about the choice of rag)

Cheers

Tim