Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester 19/24 cbi problems

Hello,
We had a Worcester 19/24 cbi Domestic gas boiler, installed in 2004. The
installer (not now in business), informed us that there may be some residual
air in the system, as the boiler would go into 'Lock-out' mode every now
and again. He assured us that it would be OK and just to turn the
temperature control dial fully anti-clockwise and then back again to reset.
It has had this problem on and off now since then. Sometimes it doesn't
happen for weeks. Other times it can be 4 or 5 times a day!! No-one seems
able to offer much help so we have just learned to live with it! However, it
now seems to have developed a further fault in that whilst the boiler is on
providing heating and hot water it works for maybe 10- 15 minutes then
changes to show only the 'boiler-demand' light,on and steady, but the burner
refuses to re-ignite. Again, I have to reset via the temperature control
dial. This happens continuously, meaning we either have a very cold house
and no hot water, or I stand next to the boiler, resetting it, every time
this problem occurs!
We are currently trying, yet again, to find a competant engineer to look at
these faults but i wondered if anyone could offer any advice so we are ahead
of the game. (So to speak).
Thankyou,
DJW

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article , djw wrote:
Hello,
We had a Worcester 19/24 cbi Domestic gas boiler, installed in 2004. The
installer (not now in business), informed us that there may be some residual
air in the system, as the boiler would go into 'Lock-out' mode every now
and again. He assured us that it would be OK and just to turn the
temperature control dial fully anti-clockwise and then back again to reset.

[snip]

We are currently trying, yet again, to find a competant engineer to look at
these faults but i wondered if anyone could offer any advice so we are ahead
of the game. (So to speak).

Have you tried ringing worcester?

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/hom...hnical-support

looks like it'd be worth a ring. No idea what their engineers are like
(although being part of Bosch I'd assume they wouldn't be crap...)

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:22:20 +0000, djw wrote:

We are currently trying, yet again, to find a competant engineer to look
at these faults but i wondered if anyone could offer any advice so we
are ahead of the game. (So to speak).

I have one customer who has one of these beasts and the symptoms you
describe sounded familiar. I think on this one a replacement PCB (from
Geoff/CET Ltd) did the trick.

However this particular boiler seems to be the runt in Worcester-Bosch's
litter: it has a cast-iron heat exchanger with O-ring seals which are
prone to leaking, requiring a strip-down of a large part of the boiler to
replace. If you are at all inclined to replace it with a new one I'd
encourage you to do so.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

Who's *really* behind all these conspiracy theories?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , YAPH
writes
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:22:20 +0000, djw wrote:

We are currently trying, yet again, to find a competant engineer to look
at these faults but i wondered if anyone could offer any advice so we
are ahead of the game. (So to speak).

I have one customer who has one of these beasts and the symptoms you
describe sounded familiar. I think on this one a replacement PCB (from
Geoff/CET Ltd) did the trick.

Yeah, I was thinking that the pcb had to be the most likely problem

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to djw, Jbwalton wrote:
Only 10 yrs later. But for what it's worth it's the main control board. I had
same problem with 4 consecutive boards. The 5th was fine.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-517794-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to djw, Artgoodw1950 wrote:
Hi
I have the same problem now with my boiler. It first did it under warranty and
the engineer (wb) who came could not find anything wrong and tried to charge
me for his visit.
Did you get yours sorted.
Regards art

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-517794-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Jbwalton, Artgoodw1950 wrote:
Hi Just out of curiosity. Who paid for the fist 4 boards?
Regards Art

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-517794-.htm

Worcester 30CDi Tim UK diy 5 December 27th 06 09:30 PM
Worcester Bosch Heatslave oil fired boilers - flow switch problems Old Bean UK diy 0 November 16th 06 12:10 PM
worcester 24i problems tezza68 UK diy 3 August 26th 05 09:37 PM
bosch worcester 28i combi boiler problems brian. UK diy 1 January 23rd 05 07:16 PM
Worcester 28i cutting out Stephen Gower UK diy 1 January 30th 04 09:41 PM