Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default put a euro socket in a uk house

would there be any regulations i'd be breaking if i fitted a german shuko
style 2 pin with side earth strip socket in my house?

i have a german pinball machine which still has the molded on right angle
shuko plug on it's power lead, inside it also has a german shuko power point
for the engineers lamp to plug into (that one is bakalite and non earthed,
machine was made in 1976, so not that old), But i'd like to keep the
origional lead... just to emphasize more that it's a german machine if that
makes sense

Basicaly all i'd do is get a single outlet shuko socket, if possible a
switched one, and mount it next to the double 13 amp uk sockets,

i wouldent usually even give this kind of thing a second thought, i'd put
one in... better than using an adaptor or the easy solution which i know is
to change the power lead to a uk version.

but we are going to have one of those bods from warm front come round and
assess how much insulation we need to have added (stair celing area is
totaly open to the roof and has no insulation at all)
and i can just imagine him noticing the shuko socket and getting arsey about
it and putting on his report that i have illegal sockets in the house or
something like that.

Rojek Euro Saw. Pat Woodworking 0 September 4th 07 08:47 PM
euro convertor [email protected] UK diy 4 January 25th 07 08:08 PM
Euro Saws charlie b Woodworking 4 July 12th 05 12:03 AM
Euro Electrics John Rumm UK diy 415 June 12th 05 11:01 PM
EURO JIG charlie b Woodworking 0 December 15th 04 03:52 PM