Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Filler material

Hi
I have had the wall in the bathroom repainted which has shown up some
smallholes/dents in the wall (concrete)

What is the best (Cheap) material to buy to fill i nthe holes/sand/repaint?

I am thinking a step up from the Polyfilla tube stuff as it doesn;t go rock
sold - just turns into a hard gel liek substance- but maybe not quite as
hardcore as the full on tubs of Polyfilla branded cememt style stuff!

Whats the best to go for either way?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mo wrote:
I have had the wall in the bathroom repainted which has shown up some
smallholes/dents in the wall (concrete)

What is the best (Cheap) material to buy to fill i nthe
holes/sand/repaint?

I am thinking a step up from the Polyfilla tube stuff as it doesn;t go
rock sold - just turns into a hard gel liek substance- but maybe not
quite as hardcore as the full on tubs of Polyfilla branded cememt style
stuff!

Whats the best to go for either way?

If it truly is concrete the problem you'll find is the texture of any
plaster type repair stuff won't be the same and will show through the
paint.

--
*Don't byte off more than you can view *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 12:32*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *mo wrote:

I have had the wall in the bathroom repainted which has shown up some
smallholes/dents in the wall (concrete)
What is the best (Cheap) material to buy to fill i nthe
holes/sand/repaint?
I am thinking a step up from the Polyfilla tube stuff as it doesn;t go
rock sold - just turns into a hard gel liek substance- but maybe not
quite as hardcore as the full on tubs of Polyfilla branded cememt style
stuff!
Whats the best to go for either way?

Filler. Any filler will do. If your polyfilla is turning to gel then
somethings very wrong!

If it truly is concrete the problem you'll find is the texture of any
plaster type repair stuff won't be the same and will show through the
paint.

Yeah, getting the texture right is half of the art of filling. But
whatever it is, level still much beats indents.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
mo wrote:
I have had the wall in the bathroom repainted which has shown up some
smallholes/dents in the wall (concrete)

What is the best (Cheap) material to buy to fill i nthe
holes/sand/repaint?

I am thinking a step up from the Polyfilla tube stuff as it doesn;t
go rock sold - just turns into a hard gel liek substance-

That sounds like decorators caulk? Wrong stuff, you can't sand it.

but maybe
not quite as hardcore as the full on tubs of Polyfilla branded
cememt style stuff!

Any decent filler. I mainly use the new lightweight ones
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Readymix-Fil...ce/invt/607022

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Nov 1, 12:32 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
mo wrote:

[...]

I'll go with that advice as well. If it is plain concrete, then getting a
filler to form the same surface texture will be difficult. Normal finishing
plaster could be used to gain a smooth fill, but you need to keep the
surface of it damp and polish it to match the small holes / dents with the
original face of the wall. That has to be done with a proper float and wet
soft bristle paint brush, and a little bit of time and care.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I would also definately recomend the new lightweight fillers, cost
about £3 - £6 for a small tub, easy to use , fills any depth of hole,
dries quickly, sands easily.

Amazing Filler Material (comment) John UK diy 10 June 11th 08 01:26 PM
Request for material recommendation for a Titanium grade or similarlightweight material with high yield strength John2005 Metalworking 0 May 29th 08 03:24 AM
Filler Material? TKM Home Repair 2 August 22nd 07 09:54 PM
Using filler material for a cement slab. DRM Home Repair 4 August 8th 05 01:31 PM
Filler material for thin sheet metal prior to painting? [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 24th 05 04:43 PM