Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water pump not working

Trying to isolate the problem:-

I have replaced what I thought was a faulty water pump. However, it
does not run when the power is applied. The motorised valves are old
and I am sure the hot water one is dud but the central heating one
worked. If this one also had failed, would this stop the water pump
from switching on?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:33:31 +0000, No-one
wrote:

I have replaced what I thought was a faulty water pump. However, it
does not run when the power is applied. The motorised valves are old
and I am sure the hot water one is dud but the central heating one
worked. If this one also had failed, would this stop the water pump
from switching on?

Quite possibly, the pump is often controlled via a microswitch on the
valve control motor so it only turns on when the valve is open and
turns off immediately it starts to close.

You should be able to open the valve by hand using the manual lever.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:27:17 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

Thanks both.

Best regards.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , No-one
writes
Trying to isolate the problem:-

I have replaced what I thought was a faulty water pump. However, it
does not run when the power is applied. The motorised valves are old
and I am sure the hot water one is dud but the central heating one
worked. If this one also had failed, would this stop the water pump
from switching on?

You need a proper one - like mine

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/radenn/Pump.jpg

--