Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rubber Buffer

My neighbour has a metal gate hinged on my external wall. When the
gate is opened it "bangs" on to my wall - and reverberates through my
room.

I want to fasten a rubber buffer/stopper to the wall at the point
where the opening gate strikes it. The problem is that the "strike
point" varies as the contact with the wall is made by a sliding latch
on the gate.

I have tried a rubber door stopper and it is perfect (if the latch
hits it) - except that it is too small.

Ideally I want a piece of rubber 1x1x3 inches.

Any ideas where to get same or similar.

Was: Shaping rubber and rubber balls: Update T i m UK diy 0 August 24th 08 04:36 PM
Rubber idler wheel rubber restoration Jeff Liebermann Electronics Repair 27 January 15th 08 05:19 AM
tire buffer? Grant Erwin Metalworking 3 December 1st 07 07:29 PM
Is HF buffer any good Alex Metalworking 11 January 20th 06 06:40 PM