Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wiring up bathroom fan heater

Is it OK to wire up a high level fan heater in a bathroom using 13A
flex inside a stud wall ? I intend to wire it via a pull switch on the
ceiling and have the flex come out the bottom of the other side of the
wall and simply plug it into a 13A socket, possibly via a RCD
adpater plug. This means that I wont have to bury any cables since the
socket is in a brick wall, I don't know if it would be ok to hard
wire to a double socket any way ( would it ?)

Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 23, 9:07*pm, " wrote:
Is it OK to wire up a high level fan heater in a bathroom using 13A
flex inside a stud wall ?

as long as theres no thermal insulation in the wall, yes, and its on a
13A fuse.

I intend to wire it via a pull switch on the
ceiling and have the flex come out the bottom of the other side of the
wall and simply plug it into a 13A socket, possibly via a * RCD
adpater plug. This means that I wont have to bury any cables since the
socket is in a brick wall, *I don't know if it would be ok to hard
wire to a double socket any way *( would it ?)

ok if you use an FCU. The 17th edn means you'd need rcd cover on it
too.

NT

Is This Right - Bathroom Fan Heater the_constructor UK diy 1 April 12th 08 03:16 AM
bathroom fan wiring andyv UK diy 7 November 30th 07 07:05 PM
Bathroom Heater Leo Home Repair 4 December 8th 06 07:15 AM
bathroom heater [email protected] UK diy 1 September 16th 05 11:22 PM
Bathroom Fan Wiring Richard Conway UK diy 3 May 1st 05 11:40 PM