Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Toys requiring assembly.

Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

The Germans do seem to know what they're doing with regard to engineering,
even down to food packaging. Ever tried to open a cereal packet, clingfilm
box, or one of those cardboard 'zips' made in the UK? Utter ****e, yet when
I've opened German packaging it's always worked perfectly.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

The Germans have always been on top when it comes to engineering,at one time
it used to be this country but when thatcher gov got in power the country
went to the wall,its hard to find anything British made and exported.

Come to think of it...its hard to find skilled workers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

I hope you're going to let your daughter play with it some time :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Oct, 11:07, stuart noble wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

I hope you're going to let your daughter play with it some time :-)

As a departure from my personal real life a little 'role play' is
helping me.
I have appointed myself as The Playmobil Hospital General Manager and
I have just laid down some company policy.
Rule 1 : Back-chat from female staff is a dismissable offence.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
[...]

I hope rule 2 is that "Back-chat from male staff or those of any other
gender or mix of genders is a dismissble offence" otherwise it will not
be long before you are in trouble.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

:¬)
2 Christmases ago somone thought it would be a good idea to buy our 4yr
old the playmobil castle.
It took 4 adults around 3 hours to put the thing together.

As you say, brilliant engineering. Everything fitted and nothing missing.

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
[...]

Matron will soon sort you out :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mungo "Two Sheds"
Toadfoot scribeth thus
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

The Germans do seem to know what they're doing with regard to engineering,
even down to food packaging. Ever tried to open a cereal packet, clingfilm
box, or one of those cardboard 'zips' made in the UK? Utter ****e, yet when
I've opened German packaging it's always worked perfectly.

Si

Thats 'cos over there engineering is considered a "Profession" unlike
here where law, medicine, and accountancy rule;(...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

I hope you're going to let your daughter play with it some time :-)

As a departure from my personal real life a little 'role play' is
helping me.
I have appointed myself as The Playmobil Hospital General Manager and
I have just laid down some company policy.
Rule 1 : Back-chat from female staff is a dismissable offence.

Speaking from my Health Dept. office ( Woolworths gazebo carboard box
) I'm closing your hospital down due to lack of use and moving its
patients to a trust-built unit ( Lego and Sticklebricks ) further down
the road.

Please note that parking at the new facility will be at the rate of £5
per hour for a Hotwheel and £7.50 for anything larger.

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mungo "Two Sheds"
Toadfoot scribeth thus
Arthur 51 wrote:
[...]

And investment banking...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

As a departure from my personal real life a little 'role play' is
helping me.
I have appointed myself as The Playmobil Hospital General Manager and
I have just laid down some company policy.
Rule 1 : Back-chat from female staff is a dismissable offence.

Otherwise, you will take the Hospital back under the PFI agreement made in
previous years, leaving the Local Primary Health Trust with no pocket money
to run the services !!!
Administrators Rule.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

:¬)
2 Christmases ago somone thought it would be a good idea to buy our 4yr
old the playmobil castle.
It took 4 adults around 3 hours to put the thing together.

Probably a good subject for a new University Degree Course.
Either that, or leave it for the kids to put together.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

Probably a good subject for a new University Degree Course.
Either that, or leave it for the kids to put together.

Worse thing was we weren't even drinking !

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
http://www.trade-price-supplements.co.uk
http://www.water-rower.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Mungo "Two Sheds"
Toadfoot scribeth thus
Arthur 51 wrote:
[...]

....and sun tan this and sun tan that not to mention nails'R'us and beauty
parlours galore.
every shopping area/street ya visit you can bet ya life there's one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

...and sun tan this and sun tan that not to mention nails'R'us and
beauty parlours galore.
every shopping area/street ya visit you can bet ya life there's one.

HATEHATEHATE

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
[...]

Worst are those model cars and similar that are fastened to the box with
loads of wire and maybe even screwed to a base. Bought a JCB model for
grandson - let him open it in the car and ended up having to pull over and
get my tools out so I could detach it from its box.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

I know how you feel. I well remember having hours of
fun with a toy called "The Big Loader". Classic toy.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
Graham. wrote:

I know how you feel. I well remember having hours of
fun with a toy called "The Big Loader". Classic toy.

Still available - and still sells well (albeit with a thomas slant).

http://www.tomy.co.uk/products/thomas-big-loader/

I remember having one as a kid and loving it - and my kids have enjoyed
theirs as well!

Darren