Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson DC03, how to shorten hose to mend split?

The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

--
Mike Barnes

Since its knacked anyway,cut it off and take a peek inside the tube.

How old is the vac? Dyson's come with a 5 year parts guarantee. Ring them
up and get a new one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach
the hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and
reattach it. But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's
one the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every
direction but I can't get them to do anything useful.

I would guess that it's glued in. I would cut the hose cleanly, pull out
the remains of the old hose, clean out any old glue/silicone and glue in
your cut hose. You may find that there are coarse "threads" that the hose
is screwed into in which case you'll need to screw the fitment onto the
hose.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

--
Mike Barnes

I'd imagine it fitted like this...

When the tube has been made the hose slots in fully and the them two lugs
are machined crimped to keep the hose in place?

Bit like when crimping a cable

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 13:00, Mike Barnes wrote:
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

--
Mike Barnes

I had the same problem - there is no way to release it - it's glued to
the inner tube of the collar.
I just pulled mine off - scraped away the excess glue - cut the hose
back - put some glue around the inside of the hose and glued it back
on.

Mark.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, wrote:
On 22 Oct, 13:00, Mike Barnes wrote:
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

I had the same problem - there is no way to release it - it's glued to
the inner tube of the collar.
I just pulled mine off - scraped away the excess glue - cut the hose
back - put some glue around the inside of the hose and glued it back
on.

Thanks, I've done just that - except that I filled the trough with hot
melt glue and pressed the tube back in. Worked a treat. Easy when you
know how, but before your advice I was afraid of making things worse.
Thanks again.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Barnes
writes
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

Poke harder, I've done ours a few times. You'll find the hose 'unscrews'
from the central tube and you might need to hot glue it into place.
--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
The hose on our Dyson DC03 has split right next to the plastic collar
that the attachments fit into. It ought to be an easy job to detach the
hose from the collar, shorten it by a couple of inches, and reattach it.
But I can't get it out.

In this picture http://thedowerhouse.com/pics/hose.jpg you can see a
promising-looking tab-in-a-slot below the green button, and there's one
the same on the other side. I've poked them hard in every direction but
I can't get them to do anything useful.

Ideas?

Look on freecycle plenty offered and get a complete one for spares , just
done that and got a brand new tube with it!

Des

Des

Split AC Pipes - to shorten or not [email protected] Home Repair 3 May 5th 08 03:29 AM
Dyson Hose (DC07) John UK diy 2 June 21st 07 06:04 PM
Dyson DC03 belt P.R.Brady UK diy 1 August 26th 05 12:02 PM
Dyson DC03 UK diy 2 November 23rd 04 12:01 AM
Dyson DC03 Help Please? Guy Smith Home Repair 0 June 24th 04 05:29 PM