Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default me lawn!

Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

thinking about it... I guess this is something like a badger digging
for grubs?? Covers quite a bit of lawn
and varying sizes, some up to a fist in size.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://mygarden.rhs.org.uk/forums/t/19419.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:40:29 -0700 (PDT), niavasha
wrote:

Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

Squirrels, at a guess.

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message

from niavasha contains these words:

Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

Animal digging for worms. Fox or badger could be the culprit.

--
Roger Chapman
Nearest Marilyn still to be visited - Great Orme.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:25:46 +0100, Roger
wrote:

The message

from niavasha contains these words:

Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

Animal digging for worms. Fox or badger could be the culprit.

Mind you, the clods look a bit big.....might be pirates...

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:48:58 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

Wilder than what? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"niavasha" wrote in message
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

In my last house, which was suburban London, it was foxes - it got so
bad we lost a 30 foot patch - almost totaly stripped. I ended up
putting an electric fence round the lawn for a few weeks and solved
the problem.

Electric fence now very useful containing the weaners I'll be
fattening now wer'e out in the country !!!!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:20:41 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

or even vildebeeste

This( Wildebeest)
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ebeest&spell=1
gets more results than
this(vildebeest)
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...debeeste&meta=
I guess the latter is Afrikaans ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 3:40*am, niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpghttp://i....net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

A drunk lost his glasses
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:27:26 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Oct 17, 3:40*am, niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpghttp://i....net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

A drunk lost his glasses

Don't you mean grasses?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A drunk lost his glasses
Don't you mean grasses?

Was he chinese ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

niavasha wrote in message
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

Badgers, and almost impossible to keep out of the garden
Chainlink fencing works, with the bottom 30cm turned outwards and buried
Feeding the buggers also works apparently, but you have to stuff them full
every night so they can't be assed to dig for worms.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

or even vildebeeste

German wilderbeasts? Unlikely in Engerland.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 6:40*am, niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpghttp://i....net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...

If not a moose .........................................
FORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen Howard
writes
Mind you, the clods look a bit big.....might be pirates...

Regards,

Wondering if the OP woke up with a sore arse, maybe it was aliens and
he's been anally probed??

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
or even vildebeeste

German wilderbeasts? Unlikely in Engerland.

Devilishly cunning, these German vildebeeste. Probably came over by
parachute dressed as nuns.

No doubt looking for the picture of the fallen madonna with the big
boobies...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...
You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

or even vildebeeste

German wilderbeasts? Unlikely in Engerland.

No, Afrikaans Vildebeeste.

Not seen outside Africa. Except in Zoos.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm replying to a reply because I can't find the original message (and I
have no idea why) but that ruined lawn looks to me like the work of wild
boar. No guff. Any in your neighbourhood, Niavasha??

The Medway Handyman wrote:
niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...
You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

or even vildebeeste

German wilderbeasts? Unlikely in Engerland.

No, Afrikaans Vildebeeste.

Not seen outside Africa. Except in Zoos.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Ed Munton
writes
I'm replying to a reply because I can't find the original message (and I
have no idea why) but that ruined lawn looks to me like the work of wild
boar. No guff. Any in your neighbourhood, Niavasha??

I reckon it was dug up by a bloody top poster

. ..
The Medway Handyman wrote:
niavasha wrote:
Any ideas what has caused the damage to the lawn below ?

http://illogik.net/lawn1.jpg
http://illogik.net/lawn2.jpg

Appeared over night...
You didn't notice a small herd of wilderbeasts by any chance?

or even vildebeeste

German wilderbeasts? Unlikely in Engerland.

No, Afrikaans Vildebeeste.

Not seen outside Africa. Except in Zoos.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Ed Munton
writes
I'm replying to a reply because I can't find the original message (and I
have no idea why) but that ruined lawn looks to me like the work of wild
boar. No guff. Any in your neighbourhood, Niavasha??

I reckon it was dug up by a bloody top poster

!mate, that about Sorry.