Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can I tell if cavity wall insulation has been installed

The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"richgk" wrote in message
.. .
The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?

if after the build, there will be signs of holes around the base, repaired
with cement.
look for cement dots every foot or so.
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:46:49 +0100, Vass wrote:

"richgk" wrote in message
.. .
The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?

if after the build, there will be signs of holes around the base, repaired
with cement.
look for cement dots every foot or so.

Right that's a no then. Thanks for the advice.

On a two bedroomed end terrace how much would it cost (roughly) to have
installed?

Thanks,
Rich.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

richgk wrote:
The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?

No, my mother recently took advantage of the over 70's offer of free cavity
wall insulation - my late father desinged and managed the build of our house
in 1971 - when the installation team arrived they drilled into the cavilty
to find that the cavity was already filled with polysterene sheets.

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonathan Pearson wrote:
richgk wrote:
The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?

No, my mother recently took advantage of the over 70's offer of free cavity
wall insulation - my late father desinged and managed the build of our house
in 1971 - when the installation team arrived they drilled into the cavilty
to find that the cavity was already filled with polysterene sheets.

Jon

A simple test is to look at the wall temperature on a coldish day.

If there is never any signs of condensation, its probably insulated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"richgk" wrote in message
.. .
The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?

When I had mine done in the early 80s the holes were drilled through the
bricks and made good with cement coloured to match the bricks. They did a
good job and if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Oct, 11:44, richgk wrote:
The house is 1975 build is there a method to see whether it is already
installed?

You could bray out a brick and have a look ;-) Not a major job really.

REgards
Richard

Cavity wall insulation - cavity too large ???? [email protected] UK diy 8 October 4th 08 01:12 PM
Damp patch 5 feet up wall ( not drying ), older building with mineral wool type Cavity Wall Insulation installed in receny years. ItsMe UK diy 14 July 28th 08 11:42 PM
Cavity Wall Insulation Mark UK diy 20 July 16th 06 11:50 AM
cavity wall insulation - interior wall ? completed now Pete Cross UK diy 2 May 12th 06 12:40 PM
Cavity wall insulation Kalico UK diy 11 August 12th 05 02:02 AM