Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Radiators anyone ?

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Absolutely brilliant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

From another place ..
http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

That'd be a b'stard to dust - my missus would have kittens !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Looks like someones intestines !!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

From another place ..
http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Looks like someones intestines !!!

Honestly, no, it doesn't. :-)

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

EricP wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Absolutely brilliant.

Until it leaks...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying
something like:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Eye-catching, but a ******* to clean.
Typical art student bodge, too - he could have used copper. If you
inspect the inside you'll probably find a month-old sock.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Well thanks for that - I've just spent most of the morning exploring the
site and still haven't finished!

Saved.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Ugly, pointless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
EricP wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Absolutely brilliant.

Have them throughout and you'd need a 1 kilowatt pump due to the
resistance...

--
*OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

That's not strident, sneering or argumentative enough :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
EricP wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:00:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

Cheers,

Paul.

Absolutely brilliant.

Have them throughout and you'd need a 1 kilowatt pump due to the
resistance...

And the noise of water flowing round the bends would drive *you* round
the bend.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

That's not strident, sneering or argumentative enough :-)

Huh! It was the best I could do. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

And the noise of water flowing round the bends would drive *you* round
the bend.

Why would there be any noise if there weren't any air in the system?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

That's not strident, sneering or argumentative enough :-)

Huh! It was the best I could do. ;-)

OK. I'll give you 9/10 (in the Elementary class) You need to practise more
to keep up with this group though :-))))

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

That's not strident, sneering or argumentative enough :-)

Huh! It was the best I could do. ;-)

OK. I'll give you 9/10 (in the Elementary class) You need to practise more
to keep up with this group though :-))))

I'm just a novice, Mary, but I will keep trying. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

And the noise of water flowing round the bends would drive *you* round
the bend.

Why would there be any noise if there weren't any air in the system?

Because of turbulence and/or cavitation around those bends, I would
expect. I've not done any sums though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 12, 8:40*pm, Bruce wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

And the noise of water flowing round the bends would drive *you* round
the bend.

Why would there be any noise if there weren't any air in the system?

Because of turbulence and/or cavitation around those bends, I would
expect. *I've not done any sums though.

as long as the flow rate were kept down it should be ok. And I dont
see speedy flow happening in such a design. But unless the tubing is
very thin you're going to get air pockets.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

A cat would drop millions of hairs into it from sleeping on the top and it
would smell like an old tom cats arse in no time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

And the noise of water flowing round the bends would drive *you* round
the bend.

Why would there be any noise if there weren't any air in the system?

Because of turbulence and/or cavitation around those bends, I would
expect. I've not done any sums though.

So 'would' in your other statement is really 'might'.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
m...
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I'm waiting for those who'll say that the piping won't stand up to the
temperatures ...

The piping won't stand up to the temperatures.

That's not strident, sneering or argumentative enough :-)

Huh! It was the best I could do. ;-)

OK. I'll give you 9/10 (in the Elementary class) You need to practise more
to keep up with this group though :-))))

I'm just a novice, Mary, but I will keep trying. ;-)

Stick around, you'll soon learn. You've made a good start!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "RW" saying
something like:

wrote in message
From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

A cat would drop millions of hairs into it from sleeping on the top and it
would smell like an old tom cats arse in no time.

Exactly. Apart from it looking like an unfortunate incident in a morgue.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "RW" saying
something like:

wrote in message
From another place ..

http://www.designboom.com/contest/vi...m_pk=10307&p=1

A cat would drop millions of hairs into it from sleeping on the top and it
would smell like an old tom cats arse in no time.

Exactly. Apart from it looking like an unfortunate incident in a morgue.
--

I am strangely reminded of the current Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse
programme where H.E. plays a shop keeper to the trendy, selling complete

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Oct, 16:21, "Bob Mannix" wrote:

I am strangely reminded of the current Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse
programme where H.E. plays a shop keeper to the trendy, selling complete
sh*t to stupid people at inflated prices and telling them so, which they
love. Not sure why....

Exactly.
I thought it was ugly, impractical, less efficient, hugely more
expensive and vastly less reliable than a standard pressed steel rad,
and no sign that even one brain cell has been deployed to figure out
the practicalities.
It must be an architecture student.
Stick a designer radiator label on it and he'll sell loads.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Onetap" wrote in message
On 13 Oct, 16:21, "Bob Mannix" wrote:

I am strangely reminded of the current Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse
programme where H.E. plays a shop keeper to the trendy, selling complete
sh*t to stupid people at inflated prices and telling them so, which they
love. Not sure why....

Exactly.
I thought it was ugly, impractical, less efficient, hugely more
expensive and vastly less reliable than a standard pressed steel rad,

It might be most of those but 'ugly' is a subjective opinion. I don't think
it's ugly - but I think most cars, for instance, are ugly. Most houses. Most
radiators, come to that.

It must be an architecture student.

More likely a design student. It shows innovation. Such projects aren't
supposed to be suitable for production, they're about exploring - and
stretching - ideas.

Mary

Radiators Keith Dunbar UK diy 1 September 3rd 07 08:52 PM
radiators Roger Mills UK diy 0 January 5th 07 03:15 PM
Do I need new radiators? JavaEnquirer UK diy 3 March 29th 06 11:59 AM
radiators jaycee UK diy 4 February 11th 06 12:30 PM
Radiators, which way up? Mr Fizzion UK diy 3 September 3rd 05 01:35 PM