Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT SDS for sale

Hi

I understand from the FAQ that it's OK to advertise unwanted items for sale.

I have a Ryobi ERH-650V 240V 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill surplus to my
requirements
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/23674/...s-Hammer-Drill

SF are currently selling these for £79, but TBH I only paid £39 for mine on
a deal.

Its been used about 4 times & is in pristine condition. One careful owner,
never raced, rolled or rallied :-)

Excellent tool, the only reason I'm selling is that I got a new Bosch SDS
for next to nothing & its smaller, with a much smaller case. The Ryobi has
a large case & won't fit into the racks on the van. Its a two function BTW.

I want £20 for it, if someone in or near Kent wants it I could drop it off,
failing that I'll check out carriage charges.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
[...]

For £20 I'd rather keep it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RW wrote:
[...]

Can't be arsed TBH.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I'll give you your £20 if you'll get it here.

AWEM (on the Kent / East Sussex border)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT SDS for sale - gone

Andrew Mawson wrote:
[...]

Sorry, now gone!

Thanks all.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Good (ha!) business sense there Dave for a Sole Trader??

I thought you went into business to make a profit rather than a loss - and
I'll give you 0 out of 10 for the excuse it "won't fit into the racks on the
van" - stupidest one I've heard since I retired 8 years ago (and I've heard
a few good ones in my time). LOL

I wonder if you'll put that down to depreciation when you put your next tax
return in?

Tanner-'op

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tanner-'op wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Oh dear, its the bitter old fart again.

Good (ha!) business sense there Dave for a Sole Trader??

And what would you know about business Mr 'Foreman'? SFA.

I thought you went into business to make a profit rather than a loss
- and I'll give you 0 out of 10 for the excuse it "won't fit into the
racks on the van" - stupidest one I've heard since I retired 8 years
ago (and I've heard a few good ones in my time). LOL

Shame you're retired. A village near me is looking for a new idiot.

Excuse? What excuse is that **** for brains? Read the post again. "I got
a new Bosch SDS for next to nothing".

I've sold the Ryobi to someone on this group at a bargain price. It hasn't
cost me anything to upgrade from a very good Ryobi to an excellent Bosch.
Not only do I now have a better tool, it also now fits into the racks in the
van & saves space.

I've improved my equipment quality at no cost to me and improved storage -
bound to be bad for business efficiency.

Now, why is space important to me? Its because I deliberately chose a small
van, a Renault Kangoo. This will confuse you, so let me explain, its about
the same size as the Austin A35 van you might remember. That one you loaded
up with your Yankee screwdriver, the brace & bit, the drawknife etc.

I wonder if you'll put that down to depreciation when you put your
next tax return in?

And what would you know about doing a tax return ****wit? SFA again.

Nice try, but no cigar. Next time you decide to try having a go at someone,
get someone with a brain to write the post for you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Andrew Mawson wrote:
[...]

Silly man,that Ryobi could have been use for brick/stone work and the Bosch
for general work.
What if the Bosch decides to pack in a couple of weeks later?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Andrew Mawson wrote:
[...]

I already have a Wickes/Kress SDS that does all the dirty, mainly outside
work. The reason I bought the Ryobi was to keep it for 'clean' jobs like
fixing curtain poles in 'up market' places. I also have a Titan 6kg SDS
beastie I only use as a breaker.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Now, why is space important to me? Its because I deliberately chose a
small van, a Renault Kangoo. This will confuse you, so let me explain,
its about the same size as the Austin A35 van you might remember. That
one you loaded up with your Yankee screwdriver, the brace & bit, the
drawknife etc.

Took the dog across Tooting common today and drove there parking in the
Lido carpark. And thought of you - there was a guy clearing out his
Kangoo, and he was obviously a handyman. He had what looked like two vans
worth on the ground and it was still half full.

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dave wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:48:27 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I thought you went into business to make a profit rather than a loss
- and I'll give you 0 out of 10 for the excuse it "won't fit into
the racks on the van" - stupidest one I've heard since I retired 8
years ago (and I've heard a few good ones in my time). LOL

Shame you're retired. A village near me is looking for a new idiot.

ha ha - oh cummon folks am I the only one who thought that funny?
Really cheered me up did that (saddo eh!)

Any more one-liners welcome.

You asked...

Look what happens when cousins marry.

I have a message for you from the Wizard of Oz - your brain is now ready.

I'm usually horrible to hecklers sir, but I can see that natures beaten me
to it in your case.

He's living proof that Snow White and Dopey had a love child.

What's the difference between him and a sperm? A sperm has a very small
chance of becoming a human being one-day.

What worries me is that he might reproduce.

At least he's biodegradable.

He has a photographic mind. It's never developed.

If ignorance is bliss, he must be very happy.

He's mercifully free from the burdens of intelligence.

It's hard to believe you are the result of millions of years of evolution.

I wish I had a silver bullet handy.

Perhaps we can freeze him until they find a cure.

He took an I.Q. test. The results were negative.

I was going to do an impersonation of an idiot, but he's just beaten me to
it.

He's heavily disguised as a human being.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Now, why is space important to me? Its because I deliberately chose a
small van, a Renault Kangoo. This will confuse you, so let me explain,
its about the same size as the Austin A35 van you might remember. That
one you loaded up with your Yankee screwdriver, the brace & bit, the
drawknife etc.

Took the dog across Tooting common today and drove there parking in the
Lido carpark. And thought of you - there was a guy clearing out his
Kangoo, and he was obviously a handyman. He had what looked like two vans
worth on the ground and it was still half full.

A friend has just part-ex'd his Kangoo for a Ford Transit Connect LWB.
It seems to have about twice as much room.

Someone clever could probably make a good, usable compact camper van
from a Connect. I wonder if it has been done?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Remind me not to heckle when I watch one of your performances!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

If there was market for second hand brains, yours would be worth a
fortune. It's never been used.

Nothing became him so much in life as the manner of his leaving it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Tanner-'op wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Bitter - nah! Just can't suffer fools like you gladly.

Good (ha!) business sense there Dave for a Sole Trader??

And what would you know about business Mr 'Foreman'? SFA.

A lot more than you Dave, that's for sure - especially one who uses his
local 'sheds' as his suppliers and can't design van racking to take his own
tools - bloody hilarious that from someone who likes to describe himself as
the "perfect" handyman (and that's all you'll ever be is a handyman).

I thought you went into business to make a profit rather than a loss
- and I'll give you 0 out of 10 for the excuse it "won't fit into the
racks on the van" - stupidest one I've heard since I retired 8 years
ago (and I've heard a few good ones in my time). LOL

Shame you're retired. A village near me is looking for a new idiot.

Well the vacancy for your village has been filled by... The Medway Dopeyman!

You buy a drill for £39 (rather than the £79 cost), hardly use it, and then
sell it for £20 - and you're *supposed* to be a business man? Now that's
what I call the "village idiot".

BTW Dopeyman, whilst you have been 'working', I have spent a while way down
in the Caribbean plus a few other days here and there - not bad for a
"Forman" who has retired at 52 and on a pension that allows him and his wife
quite a few holiday jaunts here and there - now who's the village idiot? LOL

Never mind Dave - it's great being an 'old' fart - and not even 60 yet!

Excuse? What excuse is that **** for brains? Read the post again. "I got
a new Bosch SDS for next to nothing".

What do you want, a medal? Come back and boast when you can get them for
free - as I can BTW because of the business contacts that I still maintain
with suppliers.

I've sold the Ryobi to someone on this group at a bargain price. It
hasn't cost me anything to upgrade from a very good Ryobi to an
excellent Bosch. Not only do I now have a better tool, it also now
fits into the racks in the van & saves space.
I've improved my equipment quality at no cost to me and improved
storage - bound to be bad for business efficiency.

Well according to my maths: to buy was £39 and to sell was £20 - so that's a
*loss* of £19 no matter how you try and jig it.

As for business efficiency - well!!

Now, why is space important to me? Its because I deliberately chose
a small van, a Renault Kangoo. This will confuse you, so let me
explain, its about the same size as the Austin A35 van you might
remember. That one you loaded up with your Yankee screwdriver, the
brace & bit, the drawknife etc.

So you chose to buy a small van to run a business heavy on material and tool
use - and one not big enough at that to even hold your kit - and that is
*sensible* ? You really are the village idiot!

BTW, I used to control a fleet of around 20 vehicles ranging from a min-van
to a 7.5 ton tipper - and never had to downsize on tools to get 'em into the
'van' - so I know a little bit more than you about the subject than someone
running a one-man band - and a franchisee at that.

As for the "Yankee screwdriver, the brace & bit, the drawknife etc" - well
I'm still using those that I bought as an apprentice - along with a fully
equipped workshop complete with all the power tools that I need (and fully
trained to use and maintain by the way).

I wonder if you'll put that down to depreciation when you put your
next tax return in?

And what would you know about doing a tax return ****wit? SFA again.

Got a 'tax-man' brother-in-law Dave - as well as another one who is an
accountant! All that help and knowledge for free - bloody great eh Dave?

Nice try, but no cigar. Next time you decide to try having a go at
someone, get someone with a brain to write the post for you.

I don't smoke Dave, so I don't want your 'cigar' - and you don't really need
a brain to 'have a go' at you Dave, you make it so easy with your many inane
and self-righteous posts - that must be the result of all them fags you're
smoking, the old grey matter of yours must be like a blood kipper now?

BTW, I hope you don't smoke in that Tonka Toy of a van of yours - if you do,
the Medway Council EHO's will get you!

Tanner-'op

--
Who has no need for subliminal advertising in his signature

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

This will confuse you, so let me explain, its about
the same size as the Austin A35 van you might remember. That one you loaded
up with your Yankee screwdriver, the brace & bit, the drawknife etc.

Oh, you really know how to hurt a man.

LOL.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tanner-'op wrote:

Oh dear, its the bitter old fart again.

Bitter - nah! Just can't suffer fools like you gladly.

Good (ha!) business sense there Dave for a Sole Trader??

And what would you know about business Mr 'Foreman'? SFA.

A lot more than you Dave, that's for sure - especially one who uses
his local 'sheds' as his suppliers.

You really don't have a clue do you? A handyman does lots of small jobs and
needs to buy a huge variety of items on an almost daily basis. The trade
suppliers you used to use are no cheaper than the sheds and it many cases
more expensive. Its the 21st century now, catch up.

and can't design van racking to
take his own tools - bloody hilarious that from someone who likes to
describe himself as the "perfect" handyman (and that's all you'll
ever be is a handyman).

Talented as I am, I can't do clairvoyant racking design.

You buy a drill for £39 (rather than the £79 cost), hardly use it,
and then sell it for £20 - and you're *supposed* to be a business
man? Now that's what I call the "village idiot".

Whoosh! Missed the point again, do pay attention. I spent £39 on a drill.
I haven't spent anymore money at all. I still have a drill, but its a
better one. Got that?

BTW Dopeyman, whilst you have been 'working', I have spent a while
way down in the Caribbean plus a few other days here and there - not
bad for a "Forman" who has retired at 52 and on a pension that allows
him and his wife quite a few holiday jaunts here and there - now
who's the village idiot? LOL

Of course you have.

Never mind Dave - it's great being an 'old' fart - and not even 60
yet!

Mentally you appear to be around 85.

Excuse? What excuse is that **** for brains? Read the post again.
"I got a new Bosch SDS for next to nothing".

What do you want, a medal? Come back and boast when you can get them
for free - as I can BTW because of the business contacts that I still
maintain with suppliers.

Oh of course you can. The suppliers you dealt with in the past love you so
much they give you free power tools. We all believe you.

Well according to my maths: to buy was £39 and to sell was £20 - so
that's a *loss* of £19 no matter how you try and jig it.

See above, your maths are crap.

As for business efficiency - well!!

So you chose to buy a small van to run a business heavy on material
and tool use - and one not big enough at that to even hold your kit -
and that is *sensible* ? You really are the village idiot!

Not a clue again. My business isn't materials heavy, I do lots of small
jobs, not a few big ones.

BTW, I used to control a fleet of around 20 vehicles ranging from a
min-van to a 7.5 ton tipper - and never had to downsize on tools to
get 'em into the 'van' - so I know a little bit more than you about
the subject than someone running a one-man band - and a franchisee at
that.

A 'foreman' running a fleet of vehicles. Oh sure, of course you did. We
all believe that as well.

How many times have I got to tell you ****wit - I am not a franchisee.

As for the "Yankee screwdriver, the brace & bit, the drawknife etc" -
well I'm still using those that I bought as an apprentice - along
with a fully equipped workshop complete with all the power tools that
I need (and fully trained to use and maintain by the way).

Oh so now you are a qualified power tool repair technician as well. Of
course you are, we all believe you.

Nice try, but no cigar. Next time you decide to try having a go at
someone, get someone with a brain to write the post for you.

I don't smoke Dave, so I don't want your 'cigar' - and you don't
really need a brain to 'have a go' at you Dave, you make it so easy
with your many inane and self-righteous posts - that must be the
result of all them fags you're smoking, the old grey matter of yours
must be like a blood kipper now?

Inane & self righteous posts? I'll let the rest of the group decide on that
one.

******.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman and not a franchisee.
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tanner-'op wrote:
Snip

Brian, there's no doubt you have knowledge and experience and
something to offer the group, but you really need to lay off the
stalking of TMH. The forum isn't the place for you to prosecute your
personal vendetta against Dave, it detracts from all the useful
replies and makes you look mean-spirited and spiteful.

Thanks