Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure Washers

Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio and
appreciating the improvement.

I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged it
any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other than
keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or put in
something such as screenwasher fluid?

Any preventative ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 149168 20080926 161610 "John" wrote:
Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio and
appreciating the improvement.

I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged it
any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other than
keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or put in
something such as screenwasher fluid?

Any preventative ideas?

Argos are selling a pressure washer (from the RAC) for about £32
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio and
appreciating the improvement.

I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged it
any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other than
keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or put in
something such as screenwasher fluid?

Any preventative ideas?

store it in the garage, I dont think a normal brick built on goes below
freezing normally, mines been in mine for three or four years and I dont
do anything special with it

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
| Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio and
| appreciating the improvement.
|
| I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged it
| any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other than
| keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or put in
| something such as screenwasher fluid?
|
| Any preventative ideas?

with my Kew pressure washer it just tells you to disconnect the water supply
and run it until it's empty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my
patio and appreciating the improvement.

I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be
damaged it any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent
this (other than keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all
the water - or put in something such as screenwasher fluid?

Any preventative ideas?

Worst case scenario is to leave the machine pressurised & it freezes - that
will bugger the pump and/or hose.

When you finish using it, turn off switch, turn off water, disconnect inlet
hose, squeese trigger to release pressure, remove pressure hose.

Now switch on for a few seconds to clear the pump. Won't be enough water
left in the system to cause any problems.

(I sold commercial pressure washers for 25+ years in my previous life)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Owain
scribeth thus
John wrote:
Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio and
appreciating the improvement.
I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged it
any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other than
keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or put in
something such as screenwasher fluid?

Just keep it in the wardrobe and put some of the Mrs' shoes in the
garage. They won't be harmed by freezing.

Owain

I venture to suggest the for some Wimmen the garage wouldn't be large
enough....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
John wrote:
Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio
and appreciating the improvement.
I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged
it any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other
than keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or
put in something such as screenwasher fluid?

Just keep it in the wardrobe and put some of the Mrs' shoes in the garage.
They won't be harmed by freezing.

Owain

.....but I would get fed up with being sent out to get her a pair of shoes
each day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
John wrote:
Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my
patio and appreciating the improvement.
I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be
damaged it any water left in it freezes. What can be done to
prevent this (other than keeping it indoors) - is it possible to
blow out all the water - or put in something such as screenwasher
fluid?

Just keep it in the wardrobe and put some of the Mrs' shoes in the
garage. They won't be harmed by freezing.

Owain

....but I would get fed up with being sent out to get her a pair of
shoes each day.

.... a pair? What about the 6 pairs she has to try on to decide which goes
best with her outfit?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Pressure Washers [email protected] Home Repair 13 March 15th 07 02:15 PM
Pressure washers TonyK UK diy 2 October 25th 06 10:53 AM
Pressure Washers? Paul Hutchings UK diy 29 March 29th 05 06:22 PM
Pressure Washers? don h Home Repair 16 June 9th 04 06:52 PM