Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rough price question for relaying concrete floor

Hi,

The question is as per title : can anyone tell me how much it is
likely to cost to have a 10m x 5m concrete floor dug up and relaid
complete with new UF heating pipes and modern levels of insulation ?
Order of magnitude extimates are fine. I know I could get quotes but
I'm still building castles in the air atm and I don't want to waste
any tradespeoples time. i'm dahn sarf if that makes any difference...

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike wrote:
Hi,

The question is as per title : can anyone tell me how much it is
likely to cost to have a 10m x 5m concrete floor dug up and relaid
complete with new UF heating pipes and modern levels of insulation ?
Order of magnitude extimates are fine. I know I could get quotes but
I'm still building castles in the air atm and I don't want to waste
any tradespeoples time. i'm dahn sarf if that makes any difference...

Thanks,

Mike

Insulation = £400 (ish)
Skips = £300 (2)
Concrete = £750 (5m3)
UFH pipework = no idea, but surprised if it would cost more than £200
Labour = £750 (2 men X 2.5 days)
Sundries = £160 (visqueen, sand blinding)

So about £2500, although there is a great deal of guesswork WRT labour
charges down there, and pipework.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So about £2500, although there is a great deal of guesswork WRT labour
charges down there, and pipework.

So not exactly cheap then, but not the earth either. Hmmm, I'll have
to have a think...

Thanks for your advice,

Mike