Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default source needed:- backwashing valves and fibreglass pressurevessels....

.....for domestic private water supply filtration.

Like these units:-

http://www.kenne****er.co.uk/pressurevess.html#1Anchor

and 3 way auto-backwash valves like these

http://www.kenne****er.co.uk/automulval.html

Looking to assemble my own and hopefully cut down on the costs...

Anyone have any experiences??

Thanks
Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" wrote in message
....for domestic private water supply filtration.

Like these units:-

http://www.kenne****er.co.uk/pressurevess.html#1Anchor

and 3 way auto-backwash valves like these

http://www.kenne****er.co.uk/automulval.html

Looking to assemble my own and hopefully cut down on the costs...

Anyone have any experiences??

Thanks
Jim

Those pressure vessels look just like the ones used on commercial
water softeners - water softeners also use backwash valves so that may
be a source.

AWEM

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 10 Sep, 17:47, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

....for domestic private water supply filtration.

Like these units:-

http://www.kenne****er.co.uk/pressurevess.html#1Anchor

and 3 way auto-backwash valves like these

http://www.kenne****er.co.uk/automulval.html

Looking to assemble my own and hopefully cut down on the costs...

Anyone have any experiences??

Thanks
Jim

Those pressure vessels look just like the ones used on commercial
water softeners - water softeners also use backwash valves so that may
be a source.

AWEM

AWEM

thanks for reply

I had thought of the water softener approach (honest!)
however after months of observing it seems the ones that come up on
Ebay etc are a) smaller than I'd want, b) have a 5 port valvehead as
they regenerate with salt etc (I believe I need 3 ports - for a
straight backwash unit) and c) well, they are off Ebay so who really
knows what you'd get!! :)

Jim

chlorine types & low readings, pH vs. Alkalinity, motor operating cost, backwashing bent Home Repair 1 August 5th 07 06:04 PM
Washing Machine Water Inlet Valves - Cheap Source of Solonoid Control Valves? JoeyB Home Repair 2 January 4th 07 02:17 PM
Source for Twin Entry Radiator Valves DFM UK diy 3 September 13th 05 04:47 PM
source for Tin needed KJM Metalworking 3 August 27th 05 01:45 PM
non-return valves, isolating valves and service valves Ron Askew UK diy 3 October 29th 03 07:32 PM