Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default one for the plumbers?

Heading into the home heating season, I am giving consideration to
installing a log burner. The existing fire opening and flue are
adequately sized for something up to 12kW and I think a flexible liner
should be easy to install. There is enough dead standing timber on the
farm to see me out, so security of supply is not a major issue.

However, although this is an open plan house including open stair well,
the most convenient location is in a room only 14' x 14'. I guess
anything over 6kW in such a small space will seriously overcook us.

Conversely, the ability to draw off useful hot water seems limited to 1
or 2 kW at most.

At the risk of awakening Drivel, how would one incorporate such an
intermittent source of heat into a gas fired fully pumped system? The
existing hot water cylinder, pump and controls are conveniently directly
above the preferred location: assuming the joists are adequate!

regards
--
Tim Lamb

B*****y plumbers The Medway Handyman UK diy 65 September 27th 07 07:53 AM
Plumbers Nightmare TheScullster UK diy 10 July 14th 06 02:08 PM
Plumbers in Didcot? T i m UK diy 13 July 21st 05 08:32 AM
One for the plumbers? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 14 February 20th 05 08:30 PM