Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default one for the plumbers?

robgraham wrote:
On 10 Sep, 15:07, " wrote:
You might find the Rayburn tech page on plumbing in solid fuel stoves
useful:

http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/raytech/dhw3.htm

I'll confirm the use of the Dunsley Neutraliser, which is almost like
a miniature heat bank. The alternative is to go the heatbank route
and run the wood burner into a second coil. You most certainly, as DL
says, must run the wood burner in a gravity feed manner. You'll find
the DN's via Google.

Not neceesarily. The woodburner here had a gravity rad as emergency heat
dump, bur was coupled into the pumped storage in normal operation.

I never figured it ourt completely though, and removed it all when the
house got demolished.

Perhaps that is teh answer: a gravity loop when a 2-way motorised valve
is 'off' and then simply in series with the boiler when 'call for heat'
is on.

My system runs both DHW and CH through the neutraliser so that the
wood burner can support the CH when it is running well. I've a
differential thermostat of home design to switch off the CH boiler
while the wood stove is hot enough to run the CH.
It may be that with the low HW output you have that the Neutraliser
should be on the DHW path only.

Rob