Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Three grand for water meters!

I've got two flats above a shop, and as part of general
refurbing I thought I'd get Yorkshire Water to put seperate
water meters in so's the tenents can pay the water bills
rather than me having one bill for the whole building.

Yorkshire Water have sent me an invoice for £3,678 for
"new installation to three apartments"!!!!

I don't want any new supplies! I just want water meters
on the existing supplies that have been there for
something like 130 years!!!

I've just phoned them and the answermachine says:
"we are in a team meeting all afternoon, we cannot
answer this call" !

--
JGH - grumble grumble grumble
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:15:48 -0700 (PDT), jgharston wrote:

I've just phoned them and the answermachine says: "we are in a team
meeting all afternoon, we cannot answer this call" !

Ah, the meeting to decide how they are going to divvy up your 3k. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jgharston" wrote in message
I've got two flats above a shop, and as part of general
refurbing I thought I'd get Yorkshire Water to put seperate
water meters in so's the tenents can pay the water bills
rather than me having one bill for the whole building.

Yorkshire Water have sent me an invoice for £3,678 for
"new installation to three apartments"!!!!

I don't want any new supplies! I just want water meters
on the existing supplies that have been there for
something like 130 years!!!

I've just phoned them and the answermachine says:
"we are in a team meeting all afternoon, we cannot
answer this call" !

Yorkshire water are keen on this. They drive around looking for houses that
have been converted to flats without their knowledge and will make the owner
of the flats pay for new supplies.

There may be a cut off date that applies to flat conversions done years ago.
It is a "maybe" but worth checking.

Many landlords converting houses into flats these days just buy and install
their own meters.

One onther thing. If you ask they will not make you pay all at once.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadworth wrote:
jgharston wrote:
Yorkshire Water have sent me an invoice for £3,678 for
"new installation to three apartments"!!!!

There may be a cut off date that applies to flat conversions done years ago.
It is a "maybe" but worth checking.

It was never converted - it was built, in 1885, as a shop with two
flats
upstairs - just like every other shop with residential accommodation.

(Pretty picture at http://mdfs.net/User/HWPS/flat.htm)

--
JGH

water meters Sam UK diy 13 November 18th 07 01:03 AM
water meters Dave UK diy 86 March 14th 06 02:11 AM
New Water Meters asalcedo UK diy 12 November 22nd 05 11:36 AM
Why not compulsory water meters? Timothy Murphy UK diy 59 August 1st 05 04:02 PM