Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Opening/removing SUPRA key-safe.

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Sep 4, 6:10 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in

On Sep 3, 9:11 am, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"OG" wrote in message

These are the mechanical ones you may see on internal doors in
offices.
Hit the right 4 buttons and turn the knob. It doesn't matter which
order
you hit the buttons.

Except mine is set to six digits to press so you will never find it.

Do the maths. You may be surprised. Assuming we're playing by the same
rules of order unimportant and no digits repeated.

You do the math, no four digit presses will open it.
There are about 3,500,000 combinations if you have to try 1,2,...10 digit
numbers.

Well, in that case no 3-digit presses will open a lock expecting four.

Exactly, so why are you telling me the odds for four digits?

Prat!

If the hat fits.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 5, 2:00*pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in ...

On Sep 4, 6:10 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in

On Sep 3, 9:11 am, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"OG" wrote in message

These are the mechanical ones you may see on internal doors in
offices.
Hit the right 4 buttons and turn the knob. It doesn't matter which
order
you hit the buttons.

Except mine is set to six digits to press so you will never find it..

Do the maths. You may be surprised. Assuming we're playing by the same
rules of order unimportant and no digits repeated.

You do the math, no four digit presses will open it.
There are about 3,500,000 combinations if you have to try 1,2,...10 digit
numbers.

Well, in that case no 3-digit presses will open a lock expecting four.

Exactly, so why are you telling me the odds for four digits?

I didn't

Prat!

If the hat fits.

It certainly fits you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 2:00 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in

On Sep 4, 6:10 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in

On Sep 3, 9:11 am, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"OG" wrote in message

[...]

You did, read your posts.

Prat!

If the hat fits.

It certainly fits you!

As I said if the hat fits.

Now go away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Sep, 09:11, "dennis@home" wrote:

Hit the right 4 buttons and turn the knob. It doesn't matter which order
you hit the buttons.

Except mine is set to six digits to press so you will never find it.

So how much better is choosing 6 (sequence independent) buttons out of
10, compared to 4 out of 10?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 3 Sep, 09:11, "dennis@home" wrote:

Hit the right 4 buttons and turn the knob. It doesn't matter which
order
you hit the buttons.

Except mine is set to six digits to press so you will never find it.

So how much better is choosing 6 (sequence independent) buttons out of
10, compared to 4 out of 10?

Well the man at B&Q would never get it as he would only try 4 digit codes.
Its the same with the push button door locks, they come set to five digits
so if you change it to four or six that gets rid of quite a few people that
think they have to try all the five button codes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Sep, 20:40, Andy Champ wrote:

Or if you like, consider that picking six is the same as not-picking
four. *So same odds.

Obviously 8-) I'm just taunting Dennis the Genius to see if he gets
it yet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 5 Sep, 20:40, Andy Champ wrote:

Or if you like, consider that picking six is the same as not-picking
four. So same odds.

Obviously 8-) I'm just taunting Dennis the Genius to see if he gets
it yet.

Statistically its incorrect and as far as users go its more incorrect so if
you think posting cr@p is taunting I suppose you are an expert in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 5 Sep, 20:40, Andy Champ wrote:

Or if you like, consider that picking six is the same as not-picking
four. So same odds.

Obviously 8-) I'm just taunting Dennis the Genius to see if he
gets it yet.

Statistically its incorrect and as far as users go its more incorrect
so if you think posting cr@p is taunting I suppose you are an expert
in it.

He's baiting you Dennis, you seem to be a master at that...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Sep, 08:05, "dennis@home" wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

On 5 Sep, 20:40, Andy Champ wrote:

Or if you like, consider that picking six is the same as not-picking
four. So same odds.

Obviously *8-) * I'm just taunting Dennis the Genius to see if he gets
it yet.

Statistically its incorrect and as far as users go its more incorrect so if
you think posting cr@p is taunting I suppose you are an expert in it.

So what's wrong with it? You have a lock with 10 identical buttons
where the combination can be set to be either 4 or 6 buttons pressed
(once each, in any order) and the remainder are unpressed.

Does choosing 4 buttons or 6 buttons offer the most combinations? Why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 6 Sep, 08:05, "dennis@home" wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

On 5 Sep, 20:40, Andy Champ wrote:

Or if you like, consider that picking six is the same as not-picking
four. So same odds.

Obviously 8-) I'm just taunting Dennis the Genius to see if he gets
it yet.

Statistically its incorrect and as far as users go its more incorrect so
if
you think posting cr@p is taunting I suppose you are an expert in it.

So what's wrong with it? You have a lock with 10 identical buttons
where the combination can be set to be either 4 or 6 buttons pressed
(once each, in any order) and the remainder are unpressed.

Does choosing 4 buttons or 6 buttons offer the most combinations? Why?

Its obvious, think about it for a while.
If you can't think why ask your mom or a school chum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Sep 6, 2:13 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
[...]

Well you tell him then.
I see no reason to tell either of you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in message

On 6 Sep, 08:05, "dennis@home"
wrote:
[...]

Ner ner ne ner ner. I'm telling my Mum of you.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk