Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cast Aluminium Garden Furniture

I have some cast aluminium chairs and a table - they have flaky white paint
on them. I was thinking of using a power washer to remove loose paint and
then Hammerite.

Any better ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I have some cast aluminium chairs and a table - they have flaky white paint
on them. I was thinking of using a power washer to remove loose paint and
then Hammerite.

Any better ideas?

as long as you use the special metal primer first, not tried aluminium
but the cast iron one I painted 4 or five years ago out lasted the
wooden slats

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
I have some cast aluminium chairs and a table - they have flaky white paint
on them. I was thinking of using a power washer to remove loose paint and
then Hammerite.

Any better ideas?

I had mine grit blasted and powder coated about 10 years ago and they still
look as good as new.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
I have some cast aluminium chairs and a table - they have flaky white
paint on them. I was thinking of using a power washer to remove loose
paint and then Hammerite.

Any better ideas?

I had mine grit blasted and powder coated about 10 years ago and they
still look as good as new.

Colin Bignell

Did it cost much? Did you dis-assemble them? What type of establishment does
powder coating?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
I have some cast aluminium chairs and a table - they have flaky white
paint on them. I was thinking of using a power washer to remove loose
paint and then Hammerite.

Any better ideas?

I had mine grit blasted and powder coated about 10 years ago and they
still look as good as new.

Colin Bignell

Did it cost much? Did you dis-assemble them? What type of establishment
does powder coating?

I did have to dismantle them, but I don't know the cost. It was a return
favour by the bloke with the factory next door, who sent a lot of stuff for
powder coating, so he just stuck mine in with a normal run. Powder coating
come under the general heading of metal finishing, but that covers a variety
of processes, so not all metal finishers do powder coating.

Colin Bignell

Garden Furniture Syke UK diy 9 July 11th 06 11:06 PM
Cast Aluminium Garden table & Chairs MrBlueSkye UK diy 0 May 10th 05 01:03 PM
Cast aluminium repair Dennis Metalworking 4 November 24th 04 03:47 AM