Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default condensing boilers

Hello,

I have been shopping around for the best price on a boiler (any
recommendations?) and I was surprised to find so many non-condensing
models still for sale. I thought that exemptions were close to
impossible for non-condensing boilers; after all, it can't be that
difficult to fit a drain pipe to a new boiler.

So who is buying all these non-condensing domestic boilers and how are
they getting away with it? Would an oftec person refuse to
install/commission one?

If one was installed who would find out and what would happen? They
say you will get in trouble when you move house. So if you never
intend to move, what then? Why should moving make a difference? When I
bought my house I did not ask to see receipts for the boiler. What is
to stop people saying they have lost the receipt or that it was fitted
before they moved in? What is stopping the vendor saying this is my
house take it or leave it?

I'm getting a condensing model but I just wondered anyway

TRV and condensing boilers...again Magpie UK diy 18 December 8th 06 10:21 AM
Condensing boilers Timothy Murphy UK diy 70 October 4th 05 09:40 PM
About Condensing Boilers ... Gordon Henderson UK diy 16 February 8th 05 06:43 PM
Best Condensing boilers Boovee UK diy 50 February 1st 05 02:49 PM
condensing boilers cost lot more than condensing force-air furnaces? R. Kalia Home Repair 12 January 14th 04 12:55 PM