Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timber for worktop advice please

I am planning my new kitchen worktops. In the last house I had
laminated beech block and was very pleased with it but I wonder if
there is any good reason that the pieces were so small

Reason being that I have been offered some large pieces of timber,
either 12 inch wide air dried oak planks or wide (not yet cut so not
sure about size) walnut and I would like to laminate three boards
together edge to edge. Would this make a reasonably stable worktop?
Any comments about what timber to use? How thick should the timber be?
Someone suggested that I laminate a cross piece to each end to stop
the ends splitting

I'm exploring ideas at the moment and as this is new to me I welcome
any advice

When I say that 'I will laminate' I actually mean that someone with
all the right woodworking kit will do it for me

Anna
--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation

Custom made IKEA worktop advice E UK diy 3 November 27th 06 08:33 AM
Timber merchant advice Martin Bonner UK diy 41 November 13th 06 08:50 PM
Advice on timber supply please Malcolm H UK diy 17 September 2nd 06 03:55 PM
Worktop stain advice JB UK diy 0 August 31st 05 01:47 PM
advice on worktop material please [email protected] UK diy 2 July 29th 05 08:39 AM