Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Information request: New World Gas Hob

I have a New World Series Two gas hob. Since its manufacture New World
has changed owners (at least twice I think). The hob is fine but the
control panel[1] is admittedly manky, and SWMBO is threatening to throw
the whole thing out if I can't replace the panel. Indesit were happy to
sell me a control panel, but when it arrived it was the wrong part (only
the plastic end cap to the control panel) and now they say they have no
record of this model (WE5701N00 for the record) and cannot help. They
suggested Hartill's of Wolverhampton but they can't help either.

I do not doubt that the same control panel will have been used on
subsequent models, but without a part number I'm stuck. So if anyone has
a newer hob with a control panel which is 470x80x10mm and brown (or
anything compatible with brown) I would be very grateful to hear from
you. I can give you full details of the size, and if yours is indeed
compatible then with your part number I can rescue my hob from certain
destruction.

Many thanks!
Douglas de Lacey
(1) The metal plate alongside, with the knobs sticking out of it.