Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Request for information: Longshot

Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid
from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I
could find the information ?
--
the_constructor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:18:46 +0100, "the_constructor"
wrote:

Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid
from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I
could find the information ?

You could try CPC (www.cpc.co.uk) or this might take you to the right
page

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/br...e+control&Ntx=

They would probably do you a 'compatible' control - even if they
didn't have a replacement for the original.

If their website doesn't help (and I can never get _my_ head round it
- even after they re-designed it !) then try phoning them - they have
helpful tech people and more stock than they show on the web.

HTH
Adran
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

"the_constructor" wrote in message
Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of
quid from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where
I could find the information ?
--
the_constructor

http://www.remotecontrols.co.uk/

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:
Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid
from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I
could find the information ?

Get a "one for all" remote:
http://www.oneforall-int.com/index.html
Available for pennies on ebay.

They seem to have codes for every conceivable TV/video/DVD, and if they
don't have one in the manual (downloadable) then they have excellent
phone support, and can often provide codes for unpublished appliances too.

David
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "the_constructor"
saying something like:

Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid
from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I
could find the information ?

Have a look at the CPC/Farnell website, you might be lucky. Failing
that, a good universal remote might do all the functions you need.

www.cpc.co.uk
--

Dave

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:
Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid
from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I
could find the information ?

Try Ebay..its amazing that people with broken (or stolen) recorders
often find the remotes will fetch a few quid..
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 2 Jun, 08:18, "the_constructor" wrote:
Hi, Having picked up a fully working VHS video recorder for a couple of quid
from a jumble sale, I am in need of a remote for it.
Unit is a Sanyo VHR 291e
Would anyone know what the reference number for the remote please or where I
could find the information ?
--
the_constructor

universal remotes are £1 from poundland

NT

Info request Nick UK diy 23 September 24th 06 09:46 PM
Request for manual DaveM Electronics Repair 0 February 19th 06 02:12 AM
info request Jerry Electronics Repair 1 January 11th 06 08:33 PM
Information request / Demande d'information SYAAP Home Ownership 1 July 15th 03 11:18 PM