Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Straightening 15mm speedfit

Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur2 wrote:

Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

You mean apart from buying it in straight lengths rather than in a coil?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 20, 9:55*am, "Arthur2" wrote:
Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

Dont. Take it back to the shop and buy the straight stuff. The coiled
stuff is the spawn of the devil. At least it's not 22mm. I made that
mistake. But only once...

Jon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
DM DM is offline

Arthur2 wrote:
Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

You will never get it straight but it will generally do the job it is suited
for.

Install as required and use cable clips frequently.

cheers

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur2" wrote in message
Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Put it in trunking.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 20, 9:55*am, "Arthur2" wrote:
Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

I just carefully reverse bend it while turning the coil to make a
relatively straight length.

OK it will curl up a bit but IME it's much easier to straighten out
again while installing.

To get it looking straight in place needs more clips, see the Speedfit
website for info.

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 20, 11:01�am, Tournifreak wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:55�am, "Arthur2" wrote:

Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

Dont. Take it back to the shop and buy the straight stuff. The coiled
stuff is the spawn of the devil. At least it's not 22mm. I made that
mistake. But only once...

Used it once. Never.....ever....again:-( I got sick of it breaking
the holding down clips and rearing up like something out of John
Hurt's stomach in Alien.

George
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:55:32 +0100, Arthur2 wrote:

Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not to have bought it in the first place!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"furnessvale" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 11:01?am, Tournifreak wrote:
On Aug 20, 9:55?am, "Arthur2" wrote:

Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

Dont. Take it back to the shop and buy the straight stuff. The coiled
stuff is the spawn of the devil. At least it's not 22mm. I made that
mistake. But only once...

Used it once. Never.....ever....again:-( I got sick of it breaking
the holding down clips and rearing up like something out of John
Hurt's stomach in Alien.

George

The floorboards seem to be all that is needed to hold it down here. And its
nice and easy to route through joists etc too.

For the 'left overs' a mouthpiece and a funnel are all that is needed for a
serviceable hunting horn.