Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default Replacement roofbox lock

I've got an old Halfords roofbox where the key has snapped off inside the
lock barrel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lock barrel ?
I've not tried Halfords yet, but am not expecting anything from them so am
looking at alternatives.

Any ideas?

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

"OG" wrote in message
I've got an old Halfords roofbox where the key has snapped off inside the
lock barrel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lock barrel ?
I've not tried Halfords yet, but am not expecting anything from them so am
looking at alternatives.

Any
ideas? -----------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend had this same problem last year, I think he got in touch with the
manufacturer.

--
Les Ross
Certified by a

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Les Ross wrote:
"OG" wrote in message
I've got an old Halfords roofbox where the key has snapped off inside the
lock barrel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lock barrel ?
I've not tried Halfords yet, but am not expecting anything from them so am
looking at alternatives.

Any
ideas? -----------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend had this same problem last year, I think he got in touch with the
manufacturer.

I bought a roofbox from Halfords many years ago and the lock (barrel,
key etc) was an extra. Worth a look in Halfords, they may still sell em

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

"OG" wrote in message
I've got an old Halfords roofbox where the key has snapped off inside the
lock barrel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lock barrel ?
I've not tried Halfords yet, but am not expecting anything from them so am
looking at alternatives.

Any ideas?

Go to a locksmith, he should be able to remove the broken bit & cut a new
key using what was removed, alternatively there might be a number stamped on
the face of the lock, a new key can be cut to that code.
If all else fails he should be able to supply a new lock.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Any ideas?

Go to a locksmith, he should be able to remove the broken bit & cut a new
key using what was removed, alternatively there might be a number stamped
on the face of the lock, a new key can be cut to that code.
If all else fails he should be able to supply a new lock.

Google "lock suppliers" if you don't have a local locksmith; I think I used
direct locks last time I needed something but their web site seems to be
down.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:58:25 +0100, "OG"
wrote:

I've got an old Halfords roofbox where the key has snapped off inside the
lock barrel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lock barrel ?

I'd suggest a decent real set of extractors, with which you can pull the
old key stub.
http://walkerlocksmiths.co.uk/toolsc...ractorsets.htm
Chances are you can then simply replace the broken key and carry on with
the old lock.

Otherwise an extractor is probably still a useful step in getting it
open without further damage. Try Isaac Lord (or many others) if you
finally need replacement barrels.

Need a replacement spring for a mortise lock miamicuse Home Repair 17 April 22nd 20 06:27 AM
Replacement uPVC Window handle/lock Gavin UK diy 5 June 13th 06 11:45 AM
door lock replacement channy UK diy 5 May 10th 05 01:31 PM
Advice needed for lock replacement orangetrader Home Repair 20 February 15th 05 12:38 AM
Replacement Lock Search Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 February 14th 05 04:41 AM