Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher pump problem

Dear all-

I have an LG LD2060SH. The recirc. pump failed noisily after about 8
months and was replaced under warranty. The new one after 18 months is
still working, but noisy. No warranty still applies.

Having removed the old pump, I can see that water has leaked around
where the motor spindle enters the pump and has corroded the top bearing
of the pump, which sounds like a knackered roller skate. I've WD40'd
the worst of the rust out, soaked in lubricating oil and covered the
outside of the bearing in grease and re-assembled but it's still noisy.

I see I can get a new pump for 90 quid plus delivery, but everyone says
it will take up to a month to come.

Has anyone found a good source of LG spares, and why are they so
expensive compared to other brands?
How can I complain to LG about this whole experience? Their customer
services have been unhelpful.
Is it possible that I could get someone to pull the bearing and replace
it? Am I likely to find a match, or source the NSK bearing? What sort
of company might do this for me for a reasonable price?

I wish I'd kept the last pump the repairman left behind - could have
robbed a bearing off that because each has two.

It's a shame, I used to really like LG as a brand and still do for
electronics but I'd steer clear of their home appliances next time.

Thanks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Carlyle-Clarke" wrote in message
et...
[...]

No local appliance repair shop ? If so, they might have an old pump kicking
about that you could rob a bearing from. A gearbox rebuilder or electric
motor rebuilder might be good places to look for bearings, as both will deal
with factors who supply a wide range of sizes and types, and who might have
just what you need on the shelf.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arfa Daily wrote:
[...]

A dishwasher should last more than 26 months. You still have rights
against the retailer if it fails prematurely and you were not at fault.
Contact the retailer.

You could also contact LG and invite them to fix it as a goodwill gesture.

Try posting on uk.legal.moderated for a more authoritative answer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:
[...]

replacing the bearing might only be a short term fix unless you can fix
the water leak, and that might require a new seal and if its worn the
shaft as they sometimes do then its a new pump

--
Kevin R
Reply address works