Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower Spray head replacement

The spray head for my 9.5Kw electric shower needs replacing (O ring
internally has given up). I could get one from Aldis for an
acceptable price but it says for 2 to 8 Bar. I suspect this is
unsuitable for electric showers but could someone confirm that please,
or alternatively has anyone used one of these successfully on an
electric shower ?

Thanks
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
The spray head for my 9.5Kw electric shower needs replacing (O ring
internally has given up). I could get one from Aldis for an
acceptable price but it says for 2 to 8 Bar. I suspect this is
unsuitable for electric showers but could someone confirm that please,
or alternatively has anyone used one of these successfully on an
electric shower ?

IME a household supply under 2 bar you would notice it, average pressure is
around 3 bar. At 8 bar you would get soaked by the splahback everytime you
turned a tap on.

Most electric showers have a minimum pressure, below which they won't
operate, that is around 1 bar.

I reckon 2 to 8 bar would work fine unless you have a really noticeable low
or high pressure supply.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
robgraham wrote:
The spray head for my 9.5Kw electric shower needs replacing (O ring
internally has given up). I could get one from Aldis for an
acceptable price but it says for 2 to 8 Bar. I suspect this is
unsuitable for electric showers but could someone confirm that please,
or alternatively has anyone used one of these successfully on an
electric shower ?

Where are you? I have a complete brand new Wicks shower head set going
begging. Chrome and white.

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robgraham" wrote in message
The spray head for my 9.5Kw electric shower needs replacing (O ring
internally has given up). I could get one from Aldis for an
acceptable price but it says for 2 to 8 Bar. I suspect this is
unsuitable for electric showers but could someone confirm that please,
or alternatively has anyone used one of these successfully on an
electric shower ?

Its sounds like its designed for an electric shower..

they have small holes so you get a low flow rate, this requires a higher
pressure to give a jet (a fine jet usually).

I would be worried if your mains pressure was less than 2 bar, mine is high
enough to explode a watering computer I bought so I had to fit a 3 bar
reducer.