Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tightening device

Where would I get one of these? this short Utube vid shows the device.
Quite a unique canvas stretcher which Id like to make but I don't know the
name of that tightning belt strap thingy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAua...eature=related

Cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Aug 5, 12:41 pm, "George" wrote:
Where would I get one of these? this short Utube vid shows the device.
Quite a unique canvas stretcher which Id like to make but I don't know the
name of that tightning belt strap thingy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAua...eature=related

Cheers.

you could use a car ratchet strap as from Halfords or similar - pound
shops often have cheap ones.

J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
om...
Where would I get one of these? this short Utube vid shows the device.
Quite a unique canvas stretcher which Id like to make but I don't know

the
name of that tightning belt strap thingy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAua...eature=related

Cheers.

Ratchet Strap

Cheers Jkn and Kieth

I'm over de moon as that device is made here in the UK at a staggering £299
pound...jaw drops on floor.
http://www.tabmaster.co.uk/show_prod...he%20Quickmate

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Aug, 12:41, "George" wrote:
Where would I get one of these?

The bins round the back of an artist's studio?

Stick with a wedged frame, fastening the canvas on slack and then
stretching it. Trying to stretch the canvas and _then_ attach it
whilst under load is a heathen notion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 5 Aug, 12:41, "George" wrote:
Where would I get one of these?

The bins round the back of an artist's studio?

Stick with a wedged frame, fastening the canvas on slack and then
stretching it. Trying to stretch the canvas and _then_ attach it
whilst under load is a heathen notion.

Well MrD I make my own stretcher bars but they glued and screw,not the wedge
way and they have not loosened the canvas yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"Andy Dingley"

Stick with a wedged frame, fastening the canvas on slack and then
stretching it. Trying to stretch the canvas and _then_ attach it
whilst under load is a heathen notion.

Well MrD I make my own stretcher bars but they glued and screw,not the wedge
way and they have not loosened the canvas yet.

Isn't stretching both ways necessary?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Andy Dingley"

Stick with a wedged frame, fastening the canvas on slack and then
stretching it. Trying to stretch the canvas and _then_ attach it
whilst under load is a heathen notion.

Well MrD I make my own stretcher bars but they glued and screw,not the

wedge
way and they have not loosened the canvas yet.

Isn't stretching both ways necessary?

--
Adrian C

Do you mean all four sides of the stretcher? yes it is but that device make
light work of it and sometimes canvas pliers have the habit of tearing thin
or medium canvas.