Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT;Medway Darwin Awards

I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

Even bigger irony if she took him to hospital.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

Even bigger irony if she took him to hospital.

Sorry, wrong daughter! Twas the youngest who had the powercut & the eldest
works for London Ambulance..

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

I like the bit where it says "Police revealed today they have charged a
man" - obviously used too high a charge current!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-25 23:05:10 +0100, John Rumm said:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

I like the bit where it says "Police revealed today they have charged a
man" - obviously used too high a charge current!

Whatever happened to Willie Whitelaw's short, sharp shock?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 23:09:21 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2008-07-25 23:05:10 +0100, John Rumm said:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

I like the bit where it says "Police revealed today they have charged a
man" - obviously used too high a charge current!

Whatever happened to Willie Whitelaw's short, sharp shock?

That was just a flash in the pan.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:50:52 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

Lynn Cox another semi-literate journalist:

A man suffered serious burns after cutting through a live electricity
cable...

snip
He is being treated in hospital with scars covering 25 per cent of his
body.

His burns healed quickly then?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:50:52 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

Lynn Cox another semi-literate journalist:

A man suffered serious burns after cutting through a live electricity
cable...

snip
He is being treated in hospital with scars covering 25 per cent of his
body.

His burns healed quickly then?

So, to add to innumeracy and illiteracy, do we need immedicacy?

Partner contributes ignormedicance, but I am not convinced. :-)

Maybe a visit he

http://www.ignorance.medicine.arizona.edu/

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-25 23:05:10 +0100, John Rumm
said:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

I like the bit where it says "Police revealed today they have charged a
man" - obviously used too high a charge current!

Whatever happened to Willie Whitelaw's short, sharp shock?

That was just a flash in the pan.

--
Frank Erskine

Solicitors will now be chasing him to take up the case against the owners of
the building - for failing to ensure it was secure.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" writes:

I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

There's a lot of it about

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...for.4253973.jp

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2008-07-27, Alan J. Wylie wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" writes:

I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

There's a lot of it about

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...for.4253973.jp

"The coroner recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. "

Terminal stupidity, more like. I have precisely no sympathy for this bozo. In
fact, my first response was "good".

I wouldn't say the crime justified a punishment of 10 days
agonising death.

I also don't see how you can claim to be stealing scrap metal
when the metal was clearly still in use. That's not consistent
with the definition of scrap.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Alan J. Wylie)
saying something like:

"The Medway Handyman" writes:

I wondered why my daughter had a power cut....

http://www.medwaymessenger.co.uk/new...ticle_id=45324

There's a lot of it about

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...for.4253973.jp

Every so often something comes along that just cheers me right up.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:16 +0100, John wrote:

Solicitors will now be chasing him to take up the case against the
owners of the building - for failing to ensure it was secure.

Absolutely true. A farmer friend of mine had some yoofs cross several
hedges to get to his barn in the pitch black where one of them proceeded
to give himself several nasty stab wounds by walking into a plough blade.

He (the farmer) was prosecuted for not having protective covers over the
blades and not having warning notices up. Illuminated, presumably.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , PCPaul
scribeth thus
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:16 +0100, John wrote:

Solicitors will now be chasing him to take up the case against the
owners of the building - for failing to ensure it was secure.

Absolutely true. A farmer friend of mine had some yoofs cross several
hedges to get to his barn in the pitch black where one of them proceeded
to give himself several nasty stab wounds by walking into a plough blade.

He (the farmer) was prosecuted for not having protective covers over the
blades and not having warning notices up. Illuminated, presumably.

What or which prats did the prosecuting in this case?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:45:29 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , PCPaul
scribeth thus
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:16 +0100, John wrote:

Solicitors will now be chasing him to take up the case against the
owners of the building - for failing to ensure it was secure.

Absolutely true. A farmer friend of mine had some yoofs cross several
hedges to get to his barn in the pitch black where one of them proceeded
to give himself several nasty stab wounds by walking into a plough
blade.

He (the farmer) was prosecuted for not having protective covers over the
blades and not having warning notices up. Illuminated, presumably.

What or which prats did the prosecuting in this case?..

God knows, he was just complaining about it when I laughed at his signs...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PCPaul wrote:
On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:45:29 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , PCPaul
scribeth thus
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:16 +0100, John wrote:
Solicitors will now be chasing him to take up the case against the
owners of the building - for failing to ensure it was secure.
Absolutely true. A farmer friend of mine had some yoofs cross several
hedges to get to his barn in the pitch black where one of them proceeded
to give himself several nasty stab wounds by walking into a plough
blade.

He (the farmer) was prosecuted for not having protective covers over the
blades and not having warning notices up. Illuminated, presumably.

What or which prats did the prosecuting in this case?..

God knows, he was just complaining about it when I laughed at his signs...

We were driving down te road last weekend somewhere in Oxfordshire when
we saw a big NON illuminated sign 'Warning: road lighting not in operation'

Now after dark without road lights you wouldn't have been able tp read
it would you? and I would have said that anyone driving without their
eyes closed would be able to tell that there were no street lights..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 00:42:36 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

We were driving down te road last weekend somewhere in Oxfordshire when
we saw a big NON illuminated sign 'Warning: road lighting not in
operation'

How many temporary signs are illuminated? Most are retro reflective
though.

Now after dark without road lights you wouldn't have been able tp read
it would you? and I would have said that anyone driving without their
eyes closed would be able to tell that there were no street lights..

The presence of street lighting also dictates the speed limit, 30mph
unless otherwise indicated and with small repeater signs.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

PCPaul wrote:
[...]

Got quite a few of those round here (south Bucks.). They put them up
where they have decided not to switch them on anymore - in order to save
leccie (i.e. money). Some controversy as in some cases they spent
equivalent to many years of running costs on installing them only a few
years ago. But on at least one stretch, they have LED cats eyes.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 6, 12:42*am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
PCPaul wrote:
[...]

They've done that on the A418 out of Aylesbury and the Wendover
bypass. On the former I imagine pedestrians & cyclists (shared path)
will suffer most. On the latter I don't think there's a footpath, so
it isn't missed.

MBQ