Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester 28cdi - discontinued and new combi install quote

Hi,

I reside in Kent.

I obtained a quote for replacement of a biasi combi boiler that is 10
years of age.

The property is a 3 bed terraced Victorian with central heating, there
are two adults and one infant female residing in it.

I recieved a quote from a Corgi reg. fitter, £2100 to replace the
combi with a Worcester 28cdi, flush the system and replace the scale
master....filter?

a. Is £2100 a reasonable price these days?
b. I cannot locate any literature regarding the Worcester 28cdi, only
for 27cdi and a 30cdi and so on but I did find an indication that
possibly this combi is discontinued. Do any of you pros know anything
about this boiler, has it been discontinued etc.

Thanks very much for opinions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:04:16 -0700, de_ja wrote:

Hi,

I reside in Kent.

I obtained a quote for replacement of a biasi combi boiler that is 10
years of age.

The property is a 3 bed terraced Victorian with central heating, there
are two adults and one infant female residing in it.

I recieved a quote from a Corgi reg. fitter, £2100 to replace the
combi with a Worcester 28cdi, flush the system and replace the scale
master....filter?

a. Is £2100 a reasonable price these days?

Yes

b. I cannot locate any literature regarding the Worcester 28cdi, only
for 27cdi and a 30cdi and so on but I did find an indication that
possibly this combi is discontinued. Do any of you pros know anything
about this boiler, has it been discontinued etc.

He should be installing a condensing boiler, so I guess it'll be
a Greenstar 28CDi. I'm not sure of the exact nomenclature but Worcester's
current range includes the 24 and 28i Junior, a range of Si models and
some CDi ones. IIRC the CDi uses their older machined alloy block heat
exchangers whereas the SI and Juniors use a kebab-shaped cast alloy
exchanger. For what that's worth :-)

They should all be OK

--
John Stumbles

I can't stand intolerance
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
[...]

when I had gas central heating installed 8 years ago I was talked into
having a Worcester boiler by the installer. Big mistake. Three years
later it developed a small leak which ran down onto the electronics
wrecking it. No problem, I thought. It turned out that when I bought the
boiler it was discontinued, so it was impossible to get the necessary
spares, as a result I had to have a new boiler installed, so beware! I
will not be so stupid again!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Broadback
writes
when I had gas central heating installed 8 years ago I was talked into
having a Worcester boiler by the installer. Big mistake. Three years
later it developed a small leak which ran down onto the electronics
wrecking it. No problem, I thought. It turned out that when I bought
the boiler it was discontinued, so it was impossible to get the
necessary spares, as a result I had to have a new boiler installed, so
beware! I will not be so stupid again!

Discontinued, or were you just told that it was discontinued ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
when I had gas central heating installed 8 years ago I was talked into
having a Worcester boiler by the installer. Big mistake. Three years
later it developed a small leak which ran down onto the electronics
wrecking it. No problem, I thought. It turned out that when I bought
the boiler it was discontinued, so it was impossible to get the
necessary spares, as a result I had to have a new boiler installed, so
beware! I will not be so stupid again!

Discontinued, or were you just told that it was discontinued ?

I was only told it was discontinued when I tried to source the spare!
Seems to me the installer bought the boiler cheap because it was
discontinued, which was probably why he was so keen for me to go for
that particular one!