Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Worcester 28cdi - discontinued and new combi install quote

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:04:16 -0700, de_ja wrote:

Hi,

I reside in Kent.

I obtained a quote for replacement of a biasi combi boiler that is 10
years of age.

The property is a 3 bed terraced Victorian with central heating, there
are two adults and one infant female residing in it.

I recieved a quote from a Corgi reg. fitter, £2100 to replace the
combi with a Worcester 28cdi, flush the system and replace the scale
master....filter?

a. Is £2100 a reasonable price these days?

Yes

b. I cannot locate any literature regarding the Worcester 28cdi, only
for 27cdi and a 30cdi and so on but I did find an indication that
possibly this combi is discontinued. Do any of you pros know anything
about this boiler, has it been discontinued etc.

He should be installing a condensing boiler, so I guess it'll be
a Greenstar 28CDi. I'm not sure of the exact nomenclature but Worcester's
current range includes the 24 and 28i Junior, a range of Si models and
some CDi ones. IIRC the CDi uses their older machined alloy block heat
exchangers whereas the SI and Juniors use a kebab-shaped cast alloy
exchanger. For what that's worth :-)

They should all be OK

--
John Stumbles