Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics & Wireless World, August, 1989

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to or
I will be very pleased.

Thanks in advance for your possible replies.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

telefrancisco wrote:
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to or
I will be very pleased.

I actually have that issue on my shelf. Is the article you're after
the one entitled "Flat Plate Satellite Antenna"? It's just tree pages
so I can scan it easily enough. Is you're E-Mail address on here valid?
(my E-Mail address here is valid, you can reply to E-Mail and I'll get
your message).

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 jul, 09:52, wrote:
telefrancisco wrote:
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to or
I will be very pleased.

I actually have that issue on my shelf. *Is the article you're after
the one entitled "Flat Plate Satellite Antenna"? *It's just tree pages
so I can scan it easily enough. *Is you're E-Mail address on here valid?
(my E-Mail address here is valid, you can reply to E-Mail and I'll get
your message).

Hi!

Thanks for your soon reply.
Yeah, the emails I put here are valid. I don't know how the article is
exactly called, because I haven't seen it (I just have references).
However, the author is "R. Lambley". Can you confirm this in your
article?
If that's correct, scan it and send to me, when I you have time

Thank you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

telefrancisco wrote:
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to or
I will be very pleased.

OK, I have sent the scanned article, as three separate E-Mails each
with one page. Any problems E-Mail me and I can try again.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:40:05 -0700 (PDT), telefrancisco wrote:

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to or
I will be very pleased.

Thanks in advance for your possible replies.

Have a look at
http://home.germany.net/100-441770/amsi-model.html
Similar principal

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end
"for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:40:05 -0700 (PDT), telefrancisco wrote:

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to or
I will be very pleased.

Thanks in advance for your possible replies.

or even
http://www.phoenixnavigation.com/ptb...les/ptbc37.htm

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end
"for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 jul, 22:08, "Rick... (The other Rick)"
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:40:05 -0700 (PDT), telefrancisco wrote:
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

Have a look athttp://home.germany.net/100-441770/amsi-model.html
Similar principal

Rick... (The other Rick)

Thank you for both links, I saw it and they are very interesting on
satellite topic.

However, my aim is to build a flat dish (based on "Fresnel Zones") not
a "real" parabolic dish (although it simulates one).

By the way, have you built one d-i-y dishes (whether parabolic or not)
to receive satellites, or just to concentrate sun on them?

Thanks,
Francisco.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:40:05 -0700 (PDT), telefrancisco wrote:
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August
1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about
the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

Have a look athttp://home.germany.net/100-441770/amsi-model.html
Similar principal

Rick... (The other Rick)

Thank you for both links, I saw it and they are very interesting on
satellite topic.

However, my aim is to build a flat dish (based on "Fresnel Zones") not
a "real" parabolic dish (although it simulates one).

By the way, have you built one d-i-y dishes (whether parabolic or not)
to receive satellites, or just to concentrate sun on them?

Thanks,
Francisco.

Hi, currently, I am interested in solar energy, but who knows? tomorrow, I might be interested in
satellite reception. Grin

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end
"for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/stories/man-who-reinvented-the-squarial.html

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 jul, 14:10, Adrian C wrote:
telefrancisco wrote:
However, my aim is to build a flat dish (based on "Fresnel Zones") not
a "real" parabolic dish (although it simulates one).

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/stories/man-who-reinvented-the-squarial....

--
Adrian C

Lol. Good story, however.

However, "my" invention is invented, I'm just trying to re-make it 20
years later (and I'm not planning to sell it, nor making a
presentation for US executives -for now -)

Regards,
Francisco