Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Condensing Boilers Advice

Hi

What is currently the best condensing boiler available? I want to have
it connected to the exsisting (recently replaced) hot water storage
cylinder and to the CH circuit.

thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-18 14:36:07 +0100, John Evans said:

Hi

What is currently the best condensing boiler available? I want to have
it connected to the exsisting (recently replaced) hot water storage
cylinder and to the CH circuit.

thanks

If you want to choose from among the best quality products, then look
at MAN Heiztechnik (http://www.man-heiztechnik.de) and Viessmann
(http://www.viessmann.com/com/en)

Both will cost you something a little way into four figures but are
worth it for the build quality, reliability and control.

Among the slightly less expensive, Vaillant are one of the better products.

Basically, you get what you pay for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Evans wrote:
What is currently the best condensing boiler available? I want to have
it connected to the exsisting (recently replaced) hot water storage
cylinder and to the CH circuit.

I've just done this using a Viessmann Vitodens 200. It is beautifully made.
One thing that really impressed - it was a self install - was the quality
of advice available over the phone. You get to talk direct to an engineer
who knows them inside out.

--
*Just give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:57:38 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
John Evans wrote:
What is currently the best condensing boiler available? I want to have
it connected to the exsisting (recently replaced) hot water storage
cylinder and to the CH circuit.

I've just done this using a Viessmann Vitodens 200. It is beautifully
made. One thing that really impressed - it was a self install - was the
quality of advice available over the phone. You get to talk direct to an
engineer who knows them inside out.

That's pretty much the case with most manufacturers but they vary very
much in how prepared they are to talk to non-professionals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:36:07 +0100, John Evans wrote:

Hi

What is currently the best condensing boiler available? I want to have
it connected to the exsisting (recently replaced) hot water storage
cylinder and to the CH circuit.

thanks

We have a FAQ which will may fill in some holes for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi

What is currently the best condensing boiler available? I want to have
it connected to the exsisting (recently replaced) hot water storage
cylinder and to the CH circuit.

thanks

Thanks for the replies.

A neighbour has a Worcester-Bosch installed. Does anyone have any
thoughts on these?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:10:32 +0100, John Evans wrote:

A neighbour has a Worcester-Bosch installed. Does anyone have any
thoughts on these?

I fit practically nothing else. Of the cheaper respectable (i.e. not B&Q)
models they seem the best made, and Worcester - unlike say Potterton/Baxi
- haven't blotted their copybook with unreliable designs and shoddy,
evasive customer service in recent years. The design of details like
cover fixings are a bit clanky compared to some Vaillants but I suspect
(and hope) that the heat exchanger will turn out to be a winner long-term.

However to find any condensing boilers with a track record you have to go
to the more expensive Kestons, Veissmanns etc, of which the former at
least has reliability issues of its own (according to several posters on
this group).

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Tits like coconuts

Condensing Boilers Endulini UK diy 8 May 18th 08 09:37 PM
TRV and condensing boilers...again Magpie UK diy 18 December 8th 06 10:21 AM
About Condensing Boilers ... Gordon Henderson UK diy 16 February 8th 05 06:43 PM
Best Condensing boilers Boovee UK diy 50 February 1st 05 02:49 PM
condensing boilers cost lot more than condensing force-air furnaces? R. Kalia Home Repair 12 January 14th 04 12:55 PM