Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete Rubble Give Away - Portsmouth Area

From my broken up garden path. Would make nice sub base for driveway
or hard standing. Nice large bits so would be easy to transport. Any
Takers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Jul, 16:44, Thrifty Liz wrote:
From my broken up garden path. Would make nice sub base for driveway
or hard standing. Nice large bits so would be easy to transport. Any
Takers?

Funnily enough I was just considering whether or not my broken up
concrete slabs would be a suitable substitute for MOT type1 as a sub
base for my gravel drive project. I guess they would take quite a bit
of breaking up, and maybe a small amount of type1 might be a good idea
for a thin top layer of the sub base, so maybe 100mm of said smashed
concrete and 50mm of type1, and 40mm or so of gravel on top.

Good idea?

(Sorry for hi-jacking your post Liz!)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Jul, 16:44, Thrifty Liz wrote:
From my broken up garden path. Would make nice sub base for driveway or
hard standing. Nice large bits so would be easy to transport. Any
Takers?

If no luck here, you could always join your local Freecycle:
http://www.freecycle.org.

Rubble and hardcore seems to go down well round here.

Concrete area [email protected] UK diy 2 October 21st 07 11:08 PM
Concrete labor costs in your area Steve B Home Repair 26 May 4th 07 03:01 AM
Bosch repairs (Portsmouth area) Bob Martin UK diy 11 February 15th 06 08:14 AM
preparation of area for concrete slab Eric and Megan Swope Home Repair 4 August 28th 05 06:08 AM
concrete poured over asphalt ok for living area? effi Home Repair 3 December 28th 04 02:32 PM