Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default chimney flue rain cap fixing

I've had a corgi registered engineer disconnect my back boiler.
I removed the back boiler and the the flu pipe has now dropped.
This is not an issue to me as i don't intend to use the flu again.

My concern is the rain cap on the top of the chimney
what's holding that on, are they cemented to the chimney. I have no
viable chimney pot, so what's holding the cap to the chimney ?

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 10:04:10 +0100, noname wrote:

I've had a corgi registered engineer disconnect my back boiler. I
removed the back boiler and the the flu pipe has now dropped. This is
not an issue to me as i don't intend to use the flu again.

My concern is the rain cap on the top of the chimney what's holding that
on, are they cemented to the chimney. I have no viable chimney pot, so
what's holding the cap to the chimney ?

Thanks

Typically (invariably) the terminal is an alloy fitting, the register
plate is set with mortar onto the top of the chimney. You need have no
rear rain coming down the chimney for many years. You may hear a tinking
sound at the open end of the liner as rain drops hit the terminal.