Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending supply cable

What is the recommended way of extending a 6mm ^2 supply cable ? I'm
wiring up a double garage divided in two to make a workshop and the
incoming cable is a couple of metres away from where the CU should go.

I can't see anything immediately obvious in the Screwfix catalogue.
The CU supplies a 32A MCB ring and 6A MCB for the lights. RCD on the
ring.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robgraham" wrote in message

What is the recommended way of extending a 6mm ^2 supply cable ?

Armoured or T&E cable?

Where is the joint, underground on a wall, under floorboards etc?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 04:14:31 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be robgraham
wrote this:-

What is the recommended way of extending a 6mm ^2 supply cable ?

Depending on the type of cable and location something from
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Junction_Boxes/index.html
or
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/index.html
may be suitable.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

What is the recommended way of extending a 6mm ^2 supply cable ?

Depending on the type of cable and location something from
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/...
or
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/index....
may be suitable.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Thanks David - the 60 A one is what I'm wanting - Screwfix only go up
to 30A. Sorry I should have said is was above ground and ordinary 6mm
cable.

Rob

Extending appliance cable F UK diy 14 March 16th 07 11:48 AM
Extending satelite cable R.P.McMurphy UK diy 10 October 27th 06 08:56 PM
Extending cooker cable F UK diy 1 September 20th 06 10:43 PM
Extending my lawnmower cable Lobster UK diy 7 April 24th 05 10:42 AM
extending coax cable to cable-modem Rick UK diy 15 February 23rd 05 11:44 AM