Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing a flat roof

The front section of our garage roof is the one remaining flat roof on
the house and is starting to bubble so I'm thinking of replacing it with
a pitched roof.

The current shape is a trapezium and so I'm concerned as to how to cope
with the side which creates the narrowing. Do I follow the current shape
and have to cut tiles to follow the narrowing, or do I create an
overhang to 'lengthen' the narrow end and make the roof rectangular?

Or something else?

Image at http://www.spinningweb.net/roof/roof.jpg if the above makes no
sense. Approximate dimensions a
long edge against existing wall - 12' 6"
narrowest edge - 4'
other parallel edge - 6' 9"

TIA

Replacing flat roof Vernon UK diy 17 May 7th 08 11:21 PM
renewing/replacing felt flat roof Steve York UK diy 1 August 31st 06 01:59 PM
Repair flat roof or have a sloping tiled roof put on? JohnJ UK diy 4 January 8th 05 08:03 AM
Piched roof adjoining neighbour's flat roof Trevor Smith UK diy 3 April 12th 04 10:39 AM