Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing a flat roof

On 03/06/2008 22:54 wrote:

BTDTGTTS

aolMe too!/aol

Other flat roofs on the house have had the pitched treatment but this is
the only one that isn't rectangular.

I'd make it rectangular and overhang the 2'9" at the narrow side. With
suitable fixing at the house end it should cantelever ok.

That was what I expected as cutting tiles to follow the narrowing seemed
full of problems. Any chance you could offer some enlightenment on
'suitable fixing' to stop anything lifting out at the house end?

I'd go for what matches the house roof.

Monopitch against the house would be the match though I want to try to
avoid too much brickwork in the new gable end. Bricklaying isn't
something I enjoy doing...