Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dog leg gutter

Anyone got any suggestions for a pvc gutter where the wall isn't
straight (who knows why they built the house that way). Over a length of
about 6m I guess one end would stand off the wall by about 200 mm if you
installed a 2 section straight gutter i.e. there's an angle of something
less than 180 degs halfway along.
The current joint obviously leaks because it can't be fully snapped into
place. I suppose it could be bodged up with silicone, or some kind of
lining glued inside to cover the join, but I don't think either would be
a permanent solution.
Any advice appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
Anyone got any suggestions for a pvc gutter where the wall isn't
straight (who knows why they built the house that way). Over a length of
about 6m I guess one end would stand off the wall by about 200 mm if you
installed a 2 section straight gutter i.e. there's an angle of something
less than 180 degs halfway along.
The current joint obviously leaks because it can't be fully snapped into
place. I suppose it could be bodged up with silicone, or some kind of
lining glued inside to cover the join, but I don't think either would be
a permanent solution.
Any advice appreciated.

Just found the adjustable gutter angle on Screwfix, which might well do
the job. Should have looked there first shouldn't I?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
Anyone got any suggestions for a pvc gutter where the wall isn't
straight (who knows why they built the house that way). Over a length of
about 6m I guess one end would stand off the wall by about 200 mm if you
installed a 2 section straight gutter i.e. there's an angle of something
less than 180 degs halfway along.
The current joint obviously leaks because it can't be fully snapped into
place. I suppose it could be bodged up with silicone, or some kind of
lining glued inside to cover the join, but I don't think either would be
a permanent solution.
Any advice appreciated.

And there was me after he last thread about a retarded dog, thinking
this was how to make a catheter for a dog that couldn't cock its leg...;0-)

Gutter Bracket Lyndon UK diy 4 July 7th 07 02:45 PM
how to repair a sag in a gutter autonut843 Home Repair 7 May 11th 06 06:41 PM
gutter size markp1706 Home Repair 0 July 21st 05 08:22 AM
gutter cap [email protected] Home Ownership 0 June 30th 05 04:33 AM