Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bubbles?

Well it is sort of DIY...

We have a young dog which has developed some neurological problem, as
yet with no definite diagnoses. For a time she was completely unable to
even walk, but has either improved or learned with time to better
control her limbs.

Her favourite pass time has always been chasing anything which moves,
bubbles and laser spots. We have bought her several of those kids
bubble guns, squeeze a trigger and bubbles are blown out. Rather leaky,
poor quality and they don't last long. We have now bought her one of
those mains powered units which you can simply leave running, no leaks
and it works every time.

The idea is therapy, to improve her mobility on her legs.

Rather than find, buy and lug home great big bottles of bubble solution
(mostly water), is there a way to make this stuff from home
ingredients?

I have tried Fairy liquid, which was useless.

Cheers...

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 13:40:20 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

[...]

Google is your friend...

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/bubble_recipe.htm

http://bubbleblowers.com/homemade.html

Just the first 2 out of *a lot*!

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info http://mixpix.batcave.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
[...]

You might try to pick up a secondhand jogging/running machine.

I know someone that exercises her dog on one with a titbit treat as a
"carrot" to train the dog to get on the treadmill. After a few goes the dog
got the habit of just getting onto the treadmill and waiting for it to start
and just happily trots or walks along getting nowhere fast ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mick formulated on Sunday :
[...]

It must have been the search word(s) you used, I couldn't find any...

Thanks, just what I needed.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RW laid this down on his screen :
[...]

This dog is far too smart for that :-)

The point with bubbles, is that is gets her co-ordination working
chasing them.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bubbles? FEEDBACK!

It happens that mick formulated :
[...]

Here is what is working, though I have not tried any alternative
'brews'..

5 parts tap water (soft water area)
1 part Matey (kids bubble bath)
a dribble of olive oil.

No special techniques used - just poured in the above order into a jug,
a gentle stir, poured in and turn the machine on.

The above seemed to work just as well as the bought mix.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :
[...]

Correction, that should have read cod liver oil.

The oil would seem to be a crucial part of the mix.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:18:39 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

snip

Here is what is working, though I have not tried any alternative
'brews'..

5 parts tap water (soft water area)
1 part Matey (kids bubble bath)
a dribble of olive oil.

Correction, that should have read cod liver oil.

The oil would seem to be a crucial part of the mix.

I was once told that mixes with glycerin in them are very good. In fact,
sometimes the bubbles will sit on the carpet for ages! I haven't actually
tried this though.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info http://mixpix.batcave.net
Filtering everything posted from googlegroups to kill spam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:33:33 GMT, mick wrote:

I was once told that mixes with glycerin in them are very good.

Most of the recipies that the links lead to earlier in this thread
involved soft water, a detergent and a touch of glycerin or, as they were
mostly american, "corn syrup" what ever that is.

You'll like this link:

http://homepage.mac.com/keithmjohnso...page8/page8.ht
ml

Explains the whys and wherefores of soap bubbles.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-02 20:08:56 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
said:

Here is what is working, though I have not tried any alternative 'brews'..

5 parts tap water (soft water area)
1 part Matey (kids bubble bath)
a dribble of olive oil.

No special techniques used - just poured in the above order into a jug,
a gentle stir, poured in and turn the machine on.

The above seemed to work just as well as the bought mix.

More important, what does the pooch think.?

cork floor bubbles [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 5th 20 07:44 PM
Air Bubbles in Water O.B. Home Repair 5 July 2nd 06 06:11 PM
White bubbles and haze GARY Woodworking 0 June 15th 06 03:06 AM
bubbles in paint Konyoman Home Repair 10 September 9th 05 01:43 AM