Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flower arrangement 'OASIS' (phenolic foam)

Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ardamerr wrote:
Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?

I can remember my mum using it when I was a kid, and certainly recall it
degrading in the cupboard (to sticky green powder IIRC?); however not
sure about the 'bio-' part. Probably not at a guess, as these things
didn't "matter" in those days.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 03:44:03 -0700 (PDT), Ardamerr
wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?

Ask them!

http://www.smithersoasis.com/uk/floral/index.php

HTH -
--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?

Ask them!

http://www.smithersoasis.com/uk/floral/index.php

Ah - the only thing I can see there is a specific product called "OASIS®
Biodegradeable Ring. Features and Benefits: Strong base that will start
to degrade one month after coming into contact with water"

From that I'd deduce that all their other products are NOT biodegradable...

And now I know where to go next time I want a 'biodegradeable ring'. Hmm.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?

Ask them!

http://www.smithersoasis.com/uk/floral/index.php

Ah - the only thing I can see there is a specific product called "OASIS®
Biodegradeable Ring. Features and Benefits: Strong base that will start
to degrade one month after coming into contact with water"

From that I'd deduce that all their other products are NOT biodegradable....

And now I know where to go next time I want a 'biodegradeable ring'. Hmm.

David

Thanks all, I have e-mailed Smithers and as soon as I receive a
response from them I'll post a copy to the group... Richard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?

Ask them!

http://www.smithersoasis.com/uk/floral/index.php

Ah - the only thing I can see there is a specific product called "OASIS®
Biodegradeable Ring. Features and Benefits: Strong base that will start
to degrade one month after coming into contact with water"

From that I'd deduce that all their other products are NOT biodegradable...

And now I know where to go next time I want a 'biodegradeable ring'. Hmm.

David

Thanks all, I have e-mailed Smithers and as soon as I receive a
response from them I'll post a copy to the group... Richard.

This is the reply received from Smithers:

"Floral Foam is not toxic and is not biodegradable".