Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broken cooker knob

I have an old Canon Winchester andc 3 of the knobs are beyond repair
(I've bodged it a few times over the years when they broke off) its a
bit of and old cooker but does anyone have any idea where I might be
able to buy some ?

The best I can describe the shape of the fitting is like the shape of
the letter D.

I'll go and google a bit but in the mean time any advice from here would
be good.

Cheers fellas.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

?

The best I can describe the shape of the fitting is like the shape of the
letter D.

I'll go and google a bit but in the mean time any advice from here would
be good.

Cheers fellas.

Have a poke around the dumped cookers at the local council tip
take a broken knob with you as the spindles though generally D shape ate not
all the same diameter

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
"maxi" wrote in message ...
I have an old Canon Winchester andc 3 of the knobs are beyond repair (I've
bodged it a few times over the years when they broke off) its a bit of and
old cooker but does anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some
?

The best I can describe the shape of the fitting is like the shape of the
letter D.

I'll go and google a bit but in the mean time any advice from here would
be good.

Cheers fellas.

Have a poke around the dumped cookers at the local council tip
take a broken knob with you as the spindles though generally D shape ate not
all the same diameter

Tony

Good idea Tony buuuut my wife would chuck a fit if she knew where it
came from and as shes the opnly one who uses it she'd not be best
pleased with me. Although I could tell her a white lie and clean it up lol.

Eeek I'm well under the thumb!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"maxi" wrote in message ...
TMC wrote:
"maxi" wrote in message ...
[...]

If you go googling for parts then remember there are 2 letter N's in CANNON.

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cooker...hester-10390g/

If you find a supplier the price may send you to a tip!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"maxi" wrote in message ...
TMC wrote:
"maxi" wrote in message ...
[...]

Been at google a bit now and most of them want £10 for one knob + the
postage!! bloomin hell I think I'll build a batch! lol.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 May 2008 11:09:28 +0100, maxi wrote:

TMC wrote:
"maxi" wrote in message ...
[...]

Your wife needn't know.

If she finds out tell her it's environmentally important to recycle
things.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"maxi" wrote in message ...
I have an old Canon Winchester andc 3 of the knobs are beyond repair
(I've bodged it a few times over the years when they broke off) its a
bit of and old cooker but does anyone have any idea where I might be
able to buy some ?

The best I can describe the shape of the fitting is like the shape of
the letter D.

I'll go and google a bit but in the mean time any advice from here would
be good.

Cheers fellas.

Get a piece of wooden dowl about an 11/4" drill a hole in the center the
size of the original knobs one, take the clip out of the knackered one and
insert into wooden dowl one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking maxi wrote :
I have an old Canon Winchester andc 3 of the knobs are beyond repair (I've
bodged it a few times over the years when they broke off) its a bit of and
old cooker but does anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some ?

The best I can describe the shape of the fitting is like the shape of the
letter D.

That is almost a standard for these things, with a flat springy bit of
steel on the flat of the D.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

maxi wrote:
I have an old Canon Winchester andc 3 of the knobs are beyond repair
(I've bodged it a few times over the years when they broke off) its a
bit of and old cooker but does anyone have any idea where I might be
able to buy some ?

The best I can describe the shape of the fitting is like the shape of
the letter D.

I'll go and google a bit but in the mean time any advice from here
would be good.

Cheers fellas.

Maplin sell such things. I keep thinking I'll get round to getting one for
the toaster.