Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Tried the new Polyfilla Stick"? What's it like?

I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last year)
called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been of using it?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

MM wrote:
I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last year)
called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been of using it?

At around £51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your question in
the near future!

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last
year) called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been
of using it?

At around £51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your
question in the near future!

--
Rod

Dunno what you're thinking of, but it's £4.50 for 500ml

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
cerberus typed:
In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last
year) called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been
of using it?

At around £51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your
question in the near future!

--
Rod

Dunno what you're thinking of, but it's £4.50 for 500ml

(bloody thing posted before I'd finished)

£4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack remover & £2.98 per 58g for Polifilla
stick. A kilo would fill a hellova load of hairline cracks ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:08:18 +0100, "cerberus"
wrote:

In ,
cerberus typed:
In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last
year) called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been
of using it?

At around £51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your
question in the near future!

--
Rod

Dunno what you're thinking of, but it's £4.50 for 500ml

(bloody thing posted before I'd finished)

£4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack remover & £2.98 per 58g for Polifilla
stick. A kilo would fill a hellova load of hairline cracks ;-)

But isn't it all about convenience?

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

cerberus wrote:
In ,
cerberus typed:
In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last
year) called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been
of using it?
At around �51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your
question in the near future!

--
Rod

Dunno what you're thinking of, but it's �4.50 for 500ml

(bloody thing posted before I'd finished)

�4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack remover & �2.98 per 58g for Polifilla
stick. A kilo would fill a hellova load of hairline cracks ;-)

Umm, not quite sure what you actually meant there! :-)

2.98 for 58g works out to be 51.37 per Kg (approx.) (I think we agree on
the price.)

Not sure what exactly you mean by "£4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack
remover" - what product is that?

I just feel that at that sort of price, I would be doing almost anything
rather than using it. Sure, you might only need a little in some
circumstances, but it certainly would add up if you need more than a little.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
Rod typed:
cerberus wrote:
In ,
cerberus typed:
In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last
year) called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences
been of using it?
At around ?51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your
question in the near future!

--
Rod

Dunno what you're thinking of, but it's ?4.50 for 500ml

(bloody thing posted before I'd finished)

?4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack remover & ?2.98 per 58g for
Polifilla stick. A kilo would fill a hellova load of hairline
cracks ;-)

Umm, not quite sure what you actually meant there! :-)

2.98 for 58g works out to be 51.37 per Kg (approx.) (I think we
agree on the price.)

Agreed, but it's akin to saying a tonne of feathers are expensive.

It's another Polycell product, see; http://tinyurl.com/4d9swz

I just feel that at that sort of price, I would be doing almost
anything rather than using it. Sure, you might only need a little
in some circumstances, but it certainly would add up if you need
more than a little.

A little goes a long way. Trouble is if you are going to need kilos of the
stuff you might as well re-skim the wall.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

cerberus wrote:
In ,
Rod typed:
cerberus wrote:
In ,
cerberus typed:
In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
[...]

I see. Not seen that before. Thanks.

Indeed, a tonne of feathers would be expensive. But sometimes you just
have to convert to different measurements to appreciate just how
expensive something really is.

Agreed about the skim in many ways. But sometimes finding someone
skilled enough at the right time isn't so easy.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Wed, 14 May 2008 16:26:06 +0100, Rod
wrote:

cerberus wrote:
In ,
cerberus typed:
In ,
Rod typed:
MM wrote:
[...]

But if you had only a couple of hairline cracks in each room, you'd
hardly need a kilogram of filler! So what would be the point of buying
a kg, then leaving 950g to sit in a cupboard, maybe for years, maybe
getting damp? Plus, I assume that the Stick has been especially
formulated to be suitable specifically for filling *hairline* cracks,
whereas normal filler could be used for larger cracks. But what if one
has no larger cracks? Makes sense to me. And, like I said, it won an
award.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whereas normal filler could be used for larger cracks. But what if one
has no larger cracks?

builders...
cracks...

Polyfilla mikesmith UK diy 21 October 1st 07 03:22 PM
Cheap peel-n-stick floor tile doesn't stick Mike Home Repair 13 June 5th 07 05:31 AM
using polyfilla around a rawlplug torge conrad maguar UK diy 42 December 21st 06 04:40 PM
"Stick Built," "Engineered Trusses," and Load Bearing Walls [email protected] Home Repair 26 May 13th 06 11:40 AM
Welding "Anti-Stick"? Max Krippler Metalworking 9 December 12th 05 02:05 PM