Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing a sandstone step

What is the best type of sand and cement mix for repairing a sandstone
step to match the original?

Should I add colouring to match?

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chudford" wrote in message
What is the best type of sand and cement mix for repairing a sandstone
step to match the original?

Should I add colouring to match?

Thanks

I have reservations with repairing sandstone as its a porosous material.

However I've been told by a builder(alledgedlly)that you need a bonding in
the cement ie an expoxy for a succesfull bond to the sandstone.
However tats for sandstone that will not get affected by any traffic.

Look up in google...sandstone repair...before ttempting the repair.

Your problem is going to have traffic regulary over it and thats not
good?depending where the sandstone repair is?

Can you not tile over it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford wrote:
What is the best type of sand and cement mix for repairing a sandstone
step to match the original?

Should I add colouring to match?

Thanks

Not easy if it has to be feathered in because ordinary sand and cement
will break up the edges. Exterior Polyfilla works quite well but is
cement coloured