Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default To Buy or Not to Buy Gravel and Cats

Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

thanks

Gaz
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2008 09:34:43 -0700 (PDT), Garry
wrote:

Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

thanks

Gaz

Gravel with dogs on?

I'd have thought cats prefered a freshly dug flower bed but there you
go.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Garry" wrote in message
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

I didn't see the programme, but, as a general rule, avoid pea gravel and go
for at least 10mm grid chippings. None of my cats even like to walk across
the stuff, much less use it as a poop tray.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

nightjar cpb@ wrote:
"Garry" wrote in message
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

I didn't see the programme, but, as a general rule, avoid pea gravel and go
for at least 10mm grid chippings. None of my cats even like to walk across
the stuff, much less use it as a poop tray.

Not my experience I'm afraid :-(
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Garry" wrote in message
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel
which cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone
see this if so what sort of gravel was it.

I didn't see the programme, but, as a general rule, avoid pea gravel
and go for at least 10mm grid chippings. None of my cats even like to
walk across the stuff, much less use it as a poop tray.

Thats my experience as well - although I don't have cats of my own. Few
instances of poo when first laid down, but that stopped & its been clear
ever since.

Larger gravel also tends to stay put & doesn't move about & expose the
fabric underneath.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote in

"Garry" wrote in message
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel
which cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone
see this if so what sort of gravel was it.

I didn't see the programme, but, as a general rule, avoid pea gravel
and go for at least 10mm grid chippings. None of my cats even like to
walk across the stuff, much less use it as a poop tray.

Thats my experience as well - although I don't have cats of my own.
Few instances of poo when first laid down, but that stopped & its
been clear ever since.

Larger gravel also tends to stay put & doesn't move about & expose the
fabric underneath.

If it's a largish area, we've found that animals don't like to walk across,
or poop, on our 20mm granite gravel. Even our dog walks carefully around the
9" blocked border rather than crossing the drive. Having said that, 20mm
gravel looks a bit out of proportion is smaller areas.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Garry wrote:
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

thanks

Gaz

I had a cat which used to poop on
the patch ground just outside the
back door.
I dug the whole plot out to a depth
of six inches, put in hardcore &
topped it off with portland
chippings. I then sprayed it all
with one of those Cat-Off type sprays.
It had no effect on the cat at all,
just made it more difficult to clear
up the mess!

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 11 May, 11:25, Caliban wrote:
Garry wrote:
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

thanks

Gaz

I had a cat which used to poop on
the patch ground just outside the
back door.
I dug the whole plot out to a depth
of six inches, put in hardcore &
topped it off with portland
chippings. I then sprayed it all
with one of those Cat-Off type sprays.
It had no effect on the cat at all,
just made it more difficult to clear
up the mess!

Chris

next time you dig out, put the cat in first.....;)

ours climbs onto patio tubs on the terrace for a sh1t, leaving
compost, bulbs etc strewn all over - lazy bstad!

ISTR usual recommendation is 20mm gravel to deter the feline feckers

Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Caliban" wrote in message
Garry wrote:
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

thanks

Gaz

I had a cat which used to poop on the patch ground just outside the back
door.
I dug the whole plot out to a depth of six inches, put in hardcore &
topped it off with portland chippings. I then sprayed it all with one of
those Cat-Off type sprays.
It had no effect on the cat at all, just made it more difficult to clear
up the mess!

Chris

Some nice Lilly flowers will stop that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:19:06 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Caliban" wrote in message
Garry wrote:
Last week on To Buy or Not to Buy (BBC1) they mentioned a Gravel which
cats dont like to poop on. I missed the programme did anyone see this
if so what sort of gravel was it.

thanks

Gaz

I had a cat which used to poop on the patch ground just outside the back
door.
I dug the whole plot out to a depth of six inches, put in hardcore &
topped it off with portland chippings. I then sprayed it all with one of
those Cat-Off type sprays.
It had no effect on the cat at all, just made it more difficult to clear
up the mess!

Chris

Some nice Lilly flowers will stop that.

I'd thought Cats never used their "own" gardens. They all use mine
;-)

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

Cats and gravel Dark Angel[_2_] UK diy 34 October 15th 18 07:38 PM
Old men & cats Joe Barta Woodworking Plans and Photos 33 February 27th 08 07:26 AM
Cats EXT Home Repair 0 February 3rd 08 10:02 PM
Why is a cats head call a cats head? TheAndroid Metalworking 11 January 17th 06 09:42 AM
OT-Cats Gunner Metalworking 29 December 29th 03 06:04 PM