Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best way to do up an old felt flat roof?

The roof does not appear to leak, but is quite old and has a couple of
big 'bubbles' on it. Some areas still have chippings. I would like to
extend its life but am not sure what to use; I've seen bitumen based
coatings (cheap) or acrylic (very expensive) What is the best thing
to use? How should I treat the bubbles? The roof is about 10 sq.m.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

wrote in message
The roof does not appear to leak, but is quite old and has a couple of
big 'bubbles' on it. Some areas still have chippings. I would like to
extend its life but am not sure what to use; I've seen bitumen based
coatings (cheap) or acrylic (very expensive) What is the best thing
to use? How should I treat the bubbles? The roof is about 10 sq.m.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Peter

If its not broken don't fix it

If you want it to look pretty strip it completely and start again

there are several options for this from diy butyl membrane to professional
torch on felt.
I have not used any of them so would take advice from the group as to the
merits of each

Tony