Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source of bath panel edge strip?

I put a bath in last week, and as it is in an alcove, had to cut down
the panel to fit. This has now left a rough edge at one end of the
panel.
An ideal solution would be a white trim strip, around 10mm wide, in a
'U' type section, that can be clipped over the rough edge.It needs to be
flexible, to bend when the poor quality panel is pushed.

Googling and searching the Screwfix book has not brought anything up -
has anyone seen such a trim piece, and if so, where?
Thanks
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
I put a bath in last week, and as it is in an alcove, had to cut down
the panel to fit. This has now left a rough edge at one end of the
panel.
An ideal solution would be a white trim strip, around 10mm wide, in a
'U' type section, that can be clipped over the rough edge.It needs to be
flexible, to bend when the poor quality panel is pushed.

May have seen something like that at B@Q or Wickes amongst their
collections of extruded plastics.

But if this cut edge is inside an alcove does it need this trim? Can you
not just sand it clean and smooth and leave as is?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
A.Lee typed:
I put a bath in last week, and as it is in an alcove, had to cut
down the panel to fit. This has now left a rough edge at one end
of the panel.
An ideal solution would be a white trim strip, around 10mm wide,
in a 'U' type section, that can be clipped over the rough edge.It
needs to be flexible, to bend when the poor quality panel is
pushed.

Googling and searching the Screwfix book has not brought anything
up - has anyone seen such a trim piece, and if so, where?
Thanks
Alan.

I had a similar problem and used tile trim
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Tile-Accesso...m/icat/tatrims

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

A.Lee wrote:
I put a bath in last week, and as it is in an alcove, had to cut down
the panel to fit. This has now left a rough edge at one end of the
panel.
An ideal solution would be a white trim strip, around 10mm wide, in a
'U' type section, that can be clipped over the rough edge.It needs to be
flexible, to bend when the poor quality panel is pushed.

May have seen something like that at B@Q or Wickes amongst their
collections of extruded plastics.

But if this cut edge is inside an alcove does it need this trim? Can you
not just sand it clean and smooth and leave as is?

I'll have a look there.
No, it cant be left as is, the end of the bath is in an alcove. but the
panel abuts the alcove edge, so although I thought it was a straight
cut, when placed against a flat wall, it looks a little rough, even
though the line only wavers by 1 or 2mm. An edging strip would make it
much neater.
Ta
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
Lobster wrote:

A.Lee wrote:
[...]

Can you not cover it with a neat bead of silicone?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 May 2008 18:35:54 +0100, A.Lee wrote:

I put a bath in last week, and as it is in an alcove, had to cut down
the panel to fit. This has now left a rough edge at one end of the
panel.
An ideal solution would be a white trim strip, around 10mm wide, in a
'U' type section, that can be clipped over the rough edge.It needs to be
flexible, to bend when the poor quality panel is pushed.

Googling and searching the Screwfix book has not brought anything up -
has anyone seen such a trim piece, and if so, where?
Thanks
Alan.

==================================
If you've got a car spares shop near you look there for plastic trims.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux

Beryllium copper spring strip - need source WKW Metalworking 7 May 4th 08 01:50 PM
Bath edge sealing strips. A.Lee UK diy 3 August 10th 07 11:11 PM
Wood side strip not bonded to acrylic bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 5 January 7th 07 03:15 PM
Source for mild steel strip? Glenn Ashmore Metalworking 6 January 28th 05 11:45 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM