Glenn Ashmore

Default Source for mild steel strip?

I need about 20' of .75" wide 20 to 24 gauge mild steel. Anyone know where
I can get it without having to buy a few hundred pounds?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Gerald Miller

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:41:26 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

I need about 20' of .75" wide 20 to 24 gauge mild steel. Anyone know where
I can get it without having to buy a few hundred pounds?

Ask a freight company about banding stuff for shipment - they can
probably direct you to someone among their customers who use this
material and if you show up in shipping with a dozen donuts .......
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Grant Erwin

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I need about 20' of .75" wide 20 to 24 gauge mild steel. Anyone know where
I can get it without having to buy a few hundred pounds?

This is standard dumpster diving fare. The combination of steel banding, a
few hole punches, and a spot welder make for lots of useful things. I can't
tell you where a dumpster near you is, though.

GWE
Karl Townsend

If the suggested pallet banding won't work, what about 3/4" strips of
galvanized ductwork metal? Any HVAC shop could shear that off for you ,
you'd probably only get 8' lengths max.

I have 304 SS and AL in that size. Maybe you want a road trip to MN? VBG

Karl

axolotl

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I need about 20' of .75" wide 20 to 24 gauge mild steel. Anyone know where
I can get it without having to buy a few hundred pounds?

Will a roll of pipe hanger work?

Kevin Gallimore

Brian Lawson

Hey Glenn,

Wuzzit gonna do? Would "plumbers tape" work for you?

Take care.

Brian Lawson.
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX